What's in the box!

Nuno dissuaded me from attaching an external DAC to the Mini: first for USB noise and secondly because of the Burr Brown chip implementation that he told me with Innuos 2.0 will further improve its sound.
Mini for sure isn’t cheap but as it’s really worth every pence you spend. Consider that for me digital isn’t the primary source for music since I’m into vinyl much more.
This machine anyway has a “finesse” in its sound that makes me really appreciate digital.
Can’t wait for Innuos 2.0

2 Likes

THIS is interesting, especially that Innuos 2.0 will enhance it even more. I use an Ares ii as my Dac and I like the wide soundstage it has, but I have to try the internal now, I mean, I have also payed for it :wink:
The funny part is that the Cayin tube amp I use for the Mini also has a Dac. So all 3 elements in my main system has a Dac :rofl:

I was not aware that it was the end of this month, they expect 2.0 to go in the air, so I was very pleased to read that.
Now we just have to wait for it!

3 Likes

Hmmm… what’s in the box?? It says “Fragile”!

Looks like some input tubes to help finish the Mogwai SE review that I’m working on… and what’s this mystery white tube?

Wow! A glorious 70 year old light bulb! The holy grail rectifier!

Huge thanks to @Earmuffs for selling me these tubes. I’ve never seen a better packed shipping container (even from commercial entities). Very much looking forward to how these will sound in the @ampsandsound Mogwai SE.

19 Likes

So I already opened up the packaging box for this phono pre-amp, so I decided to see what was inside the preamp itself.

Lots of cut corners, but for $20, I can’t be livid.

I like the hastily thrown together construction. It feels like something I’d make.
Like chocolate chip cookies with way too much salt.

11 Likes

That company and Schiit need to do a collaboration

4 Likes

Call it the Pyle of Schiit xD

6 Likes

Chocolate chip cookies with kosher salt, so you get a nice big grain every once in a while.

5 Likes

Now I want Panera’s kitchen sink cookie.
I think that has kosher salt in it.

1 Like

Nectar Hive electrostatic headphones. Shipped from GA Friday, got to Hawaii Monday which is unheard of lately with USPS.

15 Likes

Hope you like yours as much as I like mine. My favorite. Took some burn-in before the sound was fully there.

3 Likes

Thank you TT, been meaning to get one of these for a few years.

16 Likes

Fresh off the van today

21 Likes

Nice man !! Please say you prefer the Mest Mkii over these and save me from feeling like I need to upgrade. Unlikely, I know but :crossed_fingers:

You want the truth … ?

1 Like

Was it a white van with two guys that had “extra” IEMs that were accidentally left on the loading dock?

I wish. Was a FedEx van

1 Like

Don’t tell him! Be kind.

giphy

4 Likes

Hahaha … that’s exactly what it made me think of. More like “ The truth ???..my credit card can’t handle the truth !!”

That sounds better than Schiit-Pyle!

1 Like

Yes …hit me. What do you think ? You still have the Mest right ? Comparisons? Curious what you think of the fit too.