What's in the box!

Mest recently departed.

Odin is like the Mest, but better in each department.

Bass is more balanced and controlled and detailed. Timbre is good.

Midrange is very good. Mest some vocalists come through a bit lifeless or hollow. Not on Odin.

Highs just more refined but still nice sparkle.

Mest has a unique soundstage and imaging, maybe due to the BC. Can work nicely on a lot of music, and just work against a lot of music. Odin doesn’t appear to have the issue.

Comfort is good. It seems slightly bigger than mest but not big. Shapes a bit to the ear unlike the U12T. Cable is nice, wouldn’t pay $1100 or whatever for it, but as a included cable, good. Carry case/tin is nuts, weight about 15kg and takes 6 minutes to unscrew.

9 Likes

I can generally agree with this assessment :wink: ODIN is the best sounding IEM I’ve heard to date… but, I do love me my MEST lol

5 Likes

For something like instrumental prog. Plini, Animals as Leaders, Polyphia etc, the Mest Mk2 was sweet. The crazy soundstaging did wonders.

For female vocalist like Lianne La Havas, it just kind of didn’t do it. So its a specific genres type of IEM for me.

Odin doesn’t appear to have the issue. Seems to always be good.

Like the U12T. Also like the U12T, seems to hurt my outer ear :pensive:

4 Likes

ODIN is the Utopia of the IEM world lol

4 Likes

Except Odin is enjoyable to listen to.

2 Likes

Hey, thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts. I’m content with the Mkii for now. It’s by far the best I’ve heard (which isn’t saying much)…ignorance is bliss.

2 Likes

It’s enjoyable for sure.

I’m struggle to get universals comfortable. Even with small tips each different one seems to have some part of the body press againsy my ear and hurt.

Wondering if I do just cave and go Custom of the Mest or A12T and stop thinking about it.

Custom Odin is locking in too much coin.

1 Like

Congratulations @BuffaloWing. I’m looking forward to seeing what you think.

It seems my post was a little premature. Seeing as further down the thread you gave impressions. Thanks anyway. It’s certainly a big investment but with it for me. Though everyone is different.

2 Likes

bought 2x DT 240 Pro´s and another y-splitter for the office

So I can edit videos with a co-worker and we don’t have to bring our own Headphones.

Use my old Backup Fiio Q1 II DAC AMP as amp out of the Workstation and go out with the y-splitter (Male 3.5 to 2x 3.5 female)

Not a fancy solution. But it gets the job done, for our mediocre YouTube Video content creation.

We just need some Isolation from Office Background noise and monitoring out of the Zoom H8 …

Before I did carry my old 770 Pro and the Elegia with the ifi xDSD in my Backpack, when I knew, that we have to edit some stuff or we record content and I need some Monitoring cans.

PS: caught the 240’s for 66€ instead of 99, in a BD Sale.

9 Likes

Already out of the box but came today. The amp that is. I’ll see if it can wake up the RAD’s tomorrow when I get my Modi 3+ (the modi is a temporary solution).

EDIT: So it runs the RAD’s but the Modi > HPA-10 is a “no” for me on the road to find the cheapest DAC and AMP combo that sounds good to me. Next up: Waiting for Geshelli labs to arrive.
EDIT 2: Screw this low cost quest. Life is too short.

16 Likes

New cable day

Lunashops R70x cable. For the price I have nothing to complain about. Build is solid, cable is supple and not microphonic. Connectors feel good and fit great, no looseness when plugged in.

17 Likes

@TylersEclectic can recommend the Vever G Cush pads and Dekoni headband for comfort

7 Likes

Incredible price. Have you checked if connectors are ferromagnetic?

Not sure if Facebook marketplace is a blessing or a curse lol

The guy’s wife had ordered the wrong thing (this) months ago and never got around to returning it. so he just wanted to get rid of it. Brand new. seal on box was broken but he never even turned it on.

Also looks like they’re out of stock everywhere. Anyone know why?

Pardon my desk. I assure you it’s way worse than it looks.

12 Likes

DX3 Pro were discontinued months ago. Most likely due to chip shortages. Nice find!

1 Like

Tekton Design Double Impacts

Both boxes weighed in at 256lbs.

Had to drag them to the basement

26 Likes

Oooh, some Tektons! Nice!

Your cat being so close to that woofer is scaring me. lol

What are you pairing them with?

2 Likes

can’t wait to hear what you think of those!

1 Like

Small box, great content.

7 Likes

Oh wow! No kidding.

Thanks! I’m really enjoying it so far.

2 Likes