What's in the box!

Okay, I give this guy (qutest) credit for size and sound

21 Likes

Just a box….

I’ve got 4 more related boxes coming in the next couple days. I’ll wait till they’re all here to open them up. My next chapter (aka rabbit hole) in my audio journey

9 Likes

Battery warning… hmmm… :thinking:
DAP shootout in your near future?

3 Likes

Schiit’s website said 4 to 6 weeks for delivery of the new Bifrost 2. I got it in one week. I guess that’s what’s called “underpromise and overdeliver.”

Nonetheless, it’s here in time for my birthday next week! This guy will sit atop my new RebelAmp.

25 Likes

Might want to put the Rebel Amp on top the bifrost instead of the other way round, just for heat dissipation :slight_smile:

Also, happy birthday! Enjoy your new DAC :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Good idea! These are extra words.

A couple more are here….

and a couple more to arrive today.

8 Likes

You are killing us! Come on, give a hint… :wink:

1 Like

It’s here!

41 Likes

Well here’s the last one. Supposed to have been another but it got outed and have to reorder a different model. Don’t have time tonight to check it all out but the hint’s on the box :grin:.

Should be fun.

12 Likes

Is that Mr Peanuts dad? Are you powering your amps with nuts and legumes? :grin:

2 Likes

ooo fancy. Any initial sonic impressions? Or did @Resolve nick them from you too quickly, haha :joy:

4 Likes

I smell a bottlehead…

2 Likes

Personally, I prefer to roll peanuts in my amps. They give off a lot of energy when warmed up properly: one experiment “captured a little under 8000 joules from our burning peanut” (source: burn a peanut).

3 Likes

And the prize for the smallest IEMs I have ever seen goes to…

Here is a Dusk for reference…

13 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: General headphone discussion

My cat would eat those…

2 Likes

Being so new to this type amp…. I would love some recommendations for when I have my crack complete.1. Is there a particular type of peanut that’s better than others ? 2. Would it be possible to substitute hazelnuts, almonds, etc. 3. Seriously, would love some tube suggestions. TIA :grin:

1 Like

Congrats on the purchase! Is this your first tube amp? I’m afraid I can’t recommend any tubes for the Crack, I’ve not had one. @ProfFalkin, @mfadio, and @TylersEclectic would be the ones to offer advice here.

You only have to tube roll as much as it makes you happy. It doesn’t have to become a rabbit hole! With that said, it’s hard to find matching pairs of tree nuts, walnuts especially, and for peanuts, I’d go dry roasted all the way - no shells, a bit of chile, lime, and salt!

5 Likes

I just sold my Glenn OTL and still have tubes left over that are the best of the best for the Crack. Let me know if you are interested and if anything I can point you in the right direction

2 Likes