What's in the box!

That’s one heckuva headphone trio. Enjoy!

2 Likes

I agree with @Nuance , those three are like having three players on you baseball team that can hit an “out of the park” home run any time they bat.

Enjoy 'em!

Mark Gosdin

4 Likes

With mechanical devices the question is not “if” but “how much”.

All mechanical devices, from your shoes to the space shuttle, change with use.

The question is how audible it is with headphones. You will not find universal agreement so just decide for yourself, make that your process for new headphones, and then don’t think about it anymore. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The Synergistic Energy PURPLE Quantum fuse arrive. Without hesitation, I placed it in the fuse holder and fired up the trusty Pendant SE to warm up. After an hour and ½, I donned my gorgeous ZMF LTD Ironwood Vérité OBs, loaded my “Headphones” playlist and proceeded to analyze for discernible improvements.

Well, that didn’t take long. Initially, changes seemed subtle. But, with further listening and increased burn in, instrument imaging, vocals and bass became more distinct, articulate and defined, and now, obviously evident sound quality refinement. No regrets here. Now I’m considering upgrading my DAC fuse. Closer to endgame. Now for some Telefunken G73-R (which are on their way in the mail).

9 Likes

Did I do this right??

3 Likes

Uh……? Well, it certainly fits the thread title but there seems like something’s missing!?:thinking:

3 Likes

5 Likes

need more info, give us a hint…

Looks like a gustard DAC to me…

2 Likes

C’mon now!! Don’t tease us. :laughing:

1 Like

Gustard R26 just arrived. Was the pic not enough? :smile:

4 Likes

Looks that way….he’s being “discreet” :wink:

3 Likes

Congrats on the new dac!

1 Like

Congrats - I look forward to your impressions!

1 Like

In the office. . .

FedEx delivery today

Nice case

Bulls over bears today

31 Likes

Congrats!! They are a beautiful set of headphones!

1 Like

Burn in also has an effect of a listener burn in period. People adjust to their new headphones, as much as the headphones break in.

2 Likes

Looking forward to your impressions of them!

3 Likes

So far, I’ve just been jumping from one bit of music to another and not doing any proper impression. In fact, at work I thought I couldn’t use them until I realized that my Sansui AU-919 has a proper 1/4 inch headphone jack. My first impression from that was holy crap as I went from Cannonball Adderley’s Mercy Mercy Mercy from Live at the Club to Trentemoller’s Chameleon. This was streaming Qobuz over BT5 to an iFi Zen Blue V2 into the Sansui. No headphone amp, but the Sansui does have a class A pre-amp and AB main stage. As a 1968 bit of equipment with a board level resto, I don’t think it needed a headphone amp. Nice detail nice slam, clearly a great headphone.

Then I had a client come in for last appointment of the day… So I did actual work, and when I got home had some supper, sat on the easy chair and plugged in to iPhone with Dragonfly Cobalt and a 1/4 to 3.5mm adapter. Surprisingly, that drove the phones pretty well. More than loud enough, although you could tell that the DFC lacked authority, it still managed Hypnocurrency by Rezz, deadmau5 at reasonable volume.

Just getting to the usual listening spot now, and plan to run it from the Bifrost2/Lyr3 combination. Hasn’t seemed to need burn-in, but that may be my jumping around and not yet doing a serious listen.

Passing note - I think that Hypnocurrency may be a nice break for Trentemoller for bass.

Later edit: now listening to the BF2/Lyr3, Macbook Pro 14, ROON/Qobuz

WOW

Santana Blessings and Miracles, Break with Ally Brooke Break by Santana, Ally Brooke
This is in another category. No regrets.

13 Likes

Agreed. That’s what I meant by …

4 Likes