What's in the box!

Just posted in RAD-0 thread, I’m loving them! Thanks!

2 Likes

Yeah each one is unique, you should check out their picture gallery on the website. Some amazing looking stuff!

1 Like

I always come back to this forum particularly for this thread. Always positive, always bangin!
Congrats on everybody’s new stuff.
@robson sweet headphones, Cool color!

6 Likes

2 words (one of them hyphenated): whole-house generator

It’s not cheap, but the newfound freedom from power outages is most soothing, particularly during extremes of weather.

3 Likes

Read that article…that’s bad!! You’re experiencing a true crisis, not my mere whining that I can’t use my new amp for a day.

Not to mention it’s been ongoing since 2008!!:astonished: Hope they get their shit together and things get better

2 Likes

Today was a great day. I know what I’m doing all weekend…

18 Likes

Dreaming about the MM-500 while listening to the Clear all weekend? :wink:

4 Likes

My first pair of Moondrop IEMs arrived - Moondrop Aria Snow Edition. I was looking for something for the commute/ferry that I was less likely to lose compare to TWS IEMs. They should pair nicely with the Qudelix 5K I’ve been using.

7 Likes

So since I’m the newbie with the Clears, is burn in really a thing? If so, what the hell am I supposed to do to “burn them in” properly?

1 Like

I noticed an immediate difference in the sound quality. Everything became clearer and better define.

6 Likes

The usual recommendation is to listen to Meatloaf’s Bat Out of Hell album at loud volume for 60 to 85 hours. If the headphones get too hot switch to Debussy’s Water Music for 15 minutes.

6 Likes

That’s strongly debated. I believe in it to an extent, but the effect is mild or perhaps a placebo.

Burn in with headphones: set music playing at a moderate volume, leave the room, and come back in 24-48 hours. I use music with emphatic bass. Some sources recommend 100 or 200 hours too.

5 Likes

Focal states that the Clears require a running-in period, but this will happen naturally after several hours of listening time. Full excerpt from their website:

• These headphones require a running-in period in order to operate at their best.
  • They will run themselves in naturally after several hours of listening time.
  • If you want to speed up the process, we recommend playing very bassy music through them for at least 24 hours at a relatively high volume.
  • This will stabilise the speaker drivers and allow you to get the very best out of your headphones.

I would just start listening to music at a normal listening level and enjoy them instead of worrying about it. That’s what I did with the Elegias.

6 Likes

Now that @generic has written a reply it’s far enough down to respond without ruining my smart aleck effect. Burn in is a thing with some headphones. Usually 40 hours of moderate volume music is often sufficient. People play it unattended because listening for that time will habituate you to the sound and it may be harder to tell if it did anything.

I found with my Nectar Hive phones that long burn in made a profound difference. Improving over a few weeks. I had to change EQ profiles that I had created earlier.

4 Likes

My opinion of “Is burn in a thing”…maybe?? I think there is something to it but I think the extent of change is minor and has as much to do with pads as drivers.
I believe acclimation is more at play.

6 Likes

Now you tell me after I’ve been cranking Bat Out of Hell for the last 15 minutes, @pennstac

5 Likes

That’s okay. It’s Friday and it’s good for you.

1 Like

I would also add…just listen to them. Then you can have an opinion on whether they changed over time and how so. You certainly don’t need to set them running on a shelf to ripen.:grin:

2 Likes

I definitely am. Spent a couple of hours listening to them this afternoon, and they were really great. I only have HD6XX and Sundara’s as a comparison, but these sound incredible.

9 Likes

Pad burn-in is real. Brain burn-in is real. Headphone burn-in…it’s highly debated; but, Floyd Toole found that driver burn-in occurs within minutes, so it’s more than likely that the previously mentioned things are what’s burning in.

Best way to “burn-in?” Just listen to the headphones man!

Enjoy!

6 Likes