What's in the box!

V-shaping your life as well? :wink:

Beautiful gem, btw. Congrats.

2 Likes

The copper coils are indeed puurdy!

2 Likes

EML Mesh 5U4G

Too early for any impressions. I think it needs some more warm up time. It’s cool looking though😁

15 Likes

Looks like a tube that Darth Vader would run in his amp

7 Likes

Almost a Tesla logo…

5 Likes

Less than 24 hours since ordering from headphones.com, the Utopia 2022 showed up at my doorstep. I was skeptical Fedex will pull it off but lo and behold its here burning in.

I will be testing it extensively and comparing to my Susvara, impressions to follow in a few days.

29 Likes

Congrats! Look forward to your thoughts and comparison to Susvara

1 Like

All I can say is that they’re beautiful. Damn meetings the rest of the day keeping me from listening though…

18 Likes

Yeah buddy! I hope they were worth the wait. I miss my OG’s already, but I hardly used IEMs at the time, so…

Rock on - enjoy!

4 Likes

A couple end of year additions

CFA3, OG Utopia with Nordost Heimdall 2 cable, and Abyss 1266 TC with DHC Complement 4

24 Likes

I’d be interested in your thoughts Utopia vs 1266. I was close to buying the Diana’s but couldn’t close the deal. Ended up with 2020 Utopias instead, very happy with them! See below

3 Likes

In my quest to become mini- @andris I recently purchased these Utopias. Stellaris deposit has been paid as well

midget-dr-evil

19 Likes

I’ll definitely be doing some comparison with 1266 this weekend, especially with some rock and metal as that is usually 60% of my listening. Right now I just can’t take Utopia off my head :smiley:

I had heard about the synergy between Utopia and EC Studio B and can definitely see that. I’m also getting the Stratus demo in a couple weeks to compare which should be fun and most likely in line for Stellaris after that.

5 Likes

Yeah, I had the Stratus demo and it’s a wonderful amp.
Definitely need to run some tubes through it to unlock it. Reach out to me if you want to borrow some tubes.
I just put a deposit on a Stellaris myself. Great amps!

8 Likes

Nice!! I am super intrigued by the cfa3. I’ve heard a lot of praise for it with the Susvara. Top of my wishlist to hear and not exactly sure the process of obtaining one in the first place.

Haha, you say it so nonchalantly… like you picked up a couple little tidbits. Awesome additions man, congrats!!

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks for the offer, much appreciated! I believe you were the last person to have the demo Stratus.

One of the main reasons I got the Utopia was to try it on the Stratus since I’ve heard so much about that synergy. I hadn’t really expected it to be so good but it really blew my Atriums out of the water.

4 Likes

Thanks! I’m really enjoying the CFA3, especially with Studio B as the preamp. Not sure if your Envy has pre outs but that would be a great way to use it with your Susvara.

3 Likes

The Envy does have pre-outs and that was exactly what I was thinking. Though my focus is on a dac for my next upgrade. Maybe eventually though

5 Likes

Yeah DAC might make more sense especially since the Envy probably drives the Susvara pretty well. I highly recommend May KTE if you’re looking at R2R.

5 Likes

Haven’t heard the Envy (would love to one day) but just my two cents about the Holo DACs - they can be very (too?) smooth in some chains. I think the they are a bit over hyped for what you’re getting. They can fit perfectly in some chains but they aren’t the last word imo in R2R.

1 Like