What's in the box!

OOHHH HELL YEAH!!!

Go Blue!!! So excited for you, congrats!!!

Party time!!!

9 Likes

FVfzLEvVEAE5cwS

4 Likes

Congrats buddy!! We’re all living vicariously through you right now! Glad it arrived safe and sound.

4 Likes

I feel you completely. This was a project 18 months in the actual “making” plus about a year more researching, debating, considering, etc. No small decision, but one I am completely satisfied with. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Congrats man! That’s one hell of a wait. I’d love to upgrade to the stellaris one day but that wait is the biggest hurdle to me.

2 Likes

Congrats! What others were you considering? What made you go with the Stellaris at the end?

2 Likes

All of them. Woo, Ampsandsounds, Feliks, etc.

Andris. And my gut. :person_shrugging:

8 Likes

Epic! Hope you are really enjoying it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Kozmo passive preamp custom made from Hattor audio / Khozmo audio, great experience.

16 Likes

A supermassive black hole was delivered today after traveling 1 billion light years away from the 1101 galaxy:

Edit:
Burn-in has begun with new pairs of Tung-Sol 6080 and Raytheon 12J5WGT

23 Likes

Never seen this amp, but looks super cool! Can’t wait to hear reports on how it sounds :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Thanks! That’s because it’s a new design (2nd produced so far) by @A2029 :wink: I’ll start a thread later to post some impressions/more details. So far it sounds awesome and is a huge step up from the BHC, definitely TOTL OTL territory.

Having some fun with the LED music visualizations while trying out 4x 6080 power tubes:

16 Likes

Just received a parcel from Germany :smiley: :heart_eyes:

Putting my phone on mute for the next couple of hours :smiley:

32 Likes

Nice pictures and a big congratulations. It is the widest sounding headphone you can get. Absolute world beaters. I’ve had my original HD 800 for 12 years now. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I hardly use IEMs anymore but couldn’t pass up this deal.

The FWX-1 has been one of my favorites since I got it. Definitely not the most technical IEM by a long shot and the fit can be a pain in the A**!! Xelastecs worked for me. So I’m thinking I should really enjoy this higher end version. Cable is definitely much nicer! :person_shrugging: We’ll see

Love the tonality of these woodies!!!

12 Likes

Thanks @Nephilim_81
I had high expectations when I placed the order and I am happy to say the my expectations were met - Wow! - This will definitely stay with me for the next 12 years :smiley:

1 Like

Yup. It is a terrific headphone to have in your collection because the HD 800’s are unique.

2 Likes

I’m just seeing this. Those VU meters are incredible! I didn’t know I needed this (or had even heard of this amp before) but now I’m making space at my desk already.

Can’t wait for your impressions!

7 Likes

That is truly a thing of beauty. Looking forward to hearing any impressions you want to share about how it sounds! :slight_smile: #MOARTUBES

3 Likes

This showed up today. It’s a Canor DAC 2.10. It’s a dual mono SABER DAC with a tube output buffer.

The folks at Verdant Audio were kind enough to send me a loaner for an in-house demo.

It was left on my doorstep and it’s about 15 degF here so I’m letting it get up to room temperature before lighting it off.

Note: The weird distortion under the knob is just a reflection of the shipping tape on the box.

19 Likes