What's in the box!

31 Likes

OMFG!

Congrats, they are beautiful. I hope you post some thoughts on them in a bit. :+1:

Seriously, that pairing is worth it JUST for the glow. Sound be damned! :heart_eyes:

I’m jealous. My 2A3s sound great, but they don’t put on a show like that!

1 Like

The only unfortunate is that they don’t really look that bright in reality. The iPhone’s slow shutter for low light pics ends up capturing the blue especially far more. It’s maybe 1/4 that blue and the room needs to be very dark. The white LED on the front also interferes, which is why it’s covered. Even without the recommended 100 hour burn in, they sound much better than stock. More tubey, wetter sound which softens any sharpness quite well.

6 Likes

Null Audio Ethos, but I ordered with my phone when tired and got MMCX not Sennheiser IE600 connectors with a fat fingered error.

Coming soon, the same set of photos with the right connections.

11 Likes

At last I’m the proud owner of Axel Grell’s masterpiece.

Goddamn this sounds amazing.

21 Likes

My one and only purchase at CanJam just came in…

I bought a 6XX a while ago to (1) have as a “daily driver” for work calls, video games, and other times I was too lazy to unplug my Utopia from my main rack, and (2) have as a reasonably priced demo for friends who are head-fi-curious. However, despite their legendary status, I just never found I liked them very much (heresy, I know!).

Lo and behold, the Drop gents at CanJam convinced me to try the 58X as a “different, but not worse” headphone, and I found I preferred the sound signature to the 6XX in an on-site direct comparison. Time to confirm whether or not that holds over extended listening… :slight_smile:

23 Likes

Have you tried the 660S2 or 660S? I think the 660S was similar to the 58X but with less grain and better imaging.

1 Like

I have not! Good to know. I’ll keep that in mind for future recommendations, for sure.

I do like the idea of having the 58X as a sub-$200 headphone to directly recommend to folks who are potentially just dipping their toes into the hobby. I feel like $200 is often a bit of a magical barrier after which stuff seems intimidating (even for folks who can afford it, but just aren’t used to those prices).

3 Likes

I definitely agree. When the 660S was first released they were around $500. So for a beginner I can definitely see the 58X being a good fit. The lower impedance helps with both the 660S and 58X for someone with an entry level chain. Also tastes if you’re not into the 6XX/warmer signature.
What I like about the 660S2, which I haven’t heard but hope to, is the impedance is back to 300ohm.

1 Like

I think that may be the major contributing factor. I’m guessing I wouldn’t like the S2 as much, just as I prefer the Utopia OG to the Utopia 2022.

1 Like

Yeah probably. Nice to have choices for all our tastes :grin:

1 Like

Arrived today but work is too crazy busy this week. So this is all I (& you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) can see for now. I know what I’ll be doing this weekend :notes::notes::notes::notes:

19 Likes

Ah, a Holo May, I guess - enjoy!
(Fellow May, and Bliss, owner here :wink: )

2 Likes

You horrible tease. Lol.

2 Likes

Just received this delivery from Hart Audio Cables.
It’s a 4.5 ft (137 cm) dual Sennheiser 2-pin replacement cable for my Sennheiser HD 800 S.

The cable termination is 4.4mm TRRRS.
I am using an identical cable with my HD 820 - Highly recommended!

17 Likes

Got a chance to at least get it unpacked and warming up…. Get it hooked up in the system hopefully tomorrow!! #stoked

20 Likes

Super happy for you @Audiophool! The Holo stuff is just so beautiful, inside and out. Always exciting to (hopefully) arrive at end-game gear! Do let us know how you like it :smile:

7 Likes

Sweet! Now you have a DAC that’s worthy of your amps!

Now all you need is a pair of those Western Electric 300Bs for the Envy :wink: :laughing:

3 Likes

This arrive awhile back, but I’ve been under the weather, then busy trying catch up / keep up at work.

Logo is a give-away. Bag, not box.

Bag and Wrapped Box Inside

Unwrapped Box

Inside the Box

I didn’t care for the stock colors (red and gray/black), so I went the custom route to get a blue that’s better for me. Since I was already in the custom section, I decided to go with a different pattern for each of the 3 interconnects.

Nowhere near as pretty as the blue glow of a WE 300B, but not bad for cables…

20 Likes