What's in the box!

I got the lambskin. I have a big smile on my face as I listen to Leonard Cohen, and not just because the lyrics are funny (“You were the founder of Modern Medicine, I was Mr Clean”). I haven’t listened to the HD800 in a while and now I remember why they are famous for their soundstage.

4 Likes

Shout out to @grainacoustics !!! Arrived safe and sound and I love it!

It really is a piece of art!! Georgi, you do great work!

19 Likes

Thank you, William, for your support and being such a great customer! The combination of the beautiful patterns in your countertop and the stand’s bottom half is super cool :slight_smile: I’m so glad to hear that you love your new Grain Acoustics special edition, and I appreciate your feedback!

3 Likes

What are your perceived sound differences between the OG pads and the ZMFs?

Nice, I’m so glad you got it and it’s in this community! I was close but wanted to wait a bit. I’ll eventually get one.

2 Likes

Gorgeous! Do you have a website? Can people order these creations?

2 Likes

Click on his profile and you’ll see his link to Etsy.

4 Likes

I bought them because the original pads have worn out. The original pads are quite thin. The bass is richer. Not sure I detect other sonic differences. They are comfortable though.

From Sweden via Seattle comes …

… the Supra Excalibur USB cable. Upgrading from a cheap (though one step up from free) one.

$156 seemed reasonable for an audiophile USB cable. The company has a no-nonsense approach and aims for high quality at a reasonable price. More here

9 Likes

Agreed :+1:

It’s been very well reviewed, and certainly is reasonable given how expensive USB cables (all cables, really) can get.

I have one as well, it seemed to be a noticeable upgrade from a low end AQ cable I had previously.

I didn’t know about SJÖFN HIFI before buying mine, I’m in Seattle and I got it from Future Shop UK! :laughing:

A big Thank You to the Headphones.com team:

Now for some break-in.

Mark Gosdin

19 Likes

I’ve been listening to the Cherry ZMF Atrium Closed over the weekend, and now have a chance to try the Olive, to compare and contrast. I’ll post my impressions after I’ve spent more time with them both, but I was astounded at how different they are in the bass, where the Cherry has more decay, and the impression of more bass, whereas the Olive has less decay and tighter bass, so you can pick the one that suits your preferences.

25 Likes

What will you be running them off of?

1 Like

Schitt Magni Heretic with a Topping D10s for the DAC. Source is my FLAC library ( Approx 1600 CD’s 374 GB. ) thru Picore LMS & Squeezlite-X on Windows 11.

The Heretic has proven very clean & capable with my HiFiMan DEVA and HE-X4’s. Initial listening with the Elegia and the Heretic has more than enough power to drive them as high as I care to listen.

Mark Gosdin

1 Like

I have found another quite inexpensive USB cable with impressive sonics - the DH Labs. It’s in the same price range, and beats a lot of much more expensive designs. Ones I compared included the highly reputed Cardas Dual Conduit.

2 Likes

My game has ended

23 Likes

Very nice! Which model and wood?

Atrium with Claro Walnut, which he said was the lightest wood he had. This also has the magnesium chassis and the BBB strap, so it’s basically as light and comfortable as it’s going to get.

11 Likes

Very nice indeed. I’m really enjoying my Macassar Ebony Atrium, which is on the opposite end of the weight and hardness scale. Happy listening!

5 Likes

Something fun showed up today!

22 Likes