What's in the box!

Tease.

The thread title is “What’s in the box!” not “What does the box look like?”

:grin:

5 Likes

Here you go :wink:

20 Likes

If you’ve got too much on your plate you can just forward that on to me and I’ll take the time to demo it for you. :wink: I’m a giver like that.

4 Likes

Can’t wait to hear impressions on this!

4 Likes

Innuos Zenith MK3. Hopefully it’s an improvement over the holo red. I really like having a ripper and streamer AIO. Sense app seems really nice too.
If it’s a keeper I’ll add a shelf to separate the Innuos and Rockna.

19 Likes

A little goodie-box from Acoustic Sounds…

The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Are You Experienced Analogue Productions SACD CAPP 19782 SA $35

Bryan Ferry - In Your Mind Japanese SHM SACD CEGRJ 9687 SA $59.98

Jethro Tull - Aqualung Analogue Productions SACD CAPP 146 SA $35

Ripping them to my PC now. After I bought the Excalibur USB cable I also bought a license for HQPlayer and upsample DSD to DSD1024, I have a new appreciation for the format. I’m going back listening to my SACDs and I have bought a few more. Love it!

13 Likes

Schiit Mjolnir 1, courtesy of a Canadian member of Head-Fi:

Stacked on my Gungnir Multibit (Æsir Weapon Stack):

I’ve spent the last hour listening to this combination with the ZMF Atrium and the LCD-XC and it’s an incredibly engaging setup. I still think I’ll stick with the Folkvangr for most of my in-office listening, but it’s nice to have a different flavor on tap.

20 Likes

That’s awesome! It should also be an interesting comparison to MJ3 if you get one.

I wasn’t that familiar with MJ1 until doing some research after you said you had one coming in the meet-up thread.

The early Schiit stuff was (is) pretty radically purist in a really good way, like with the MJ1 design using a circlotron, while Asgard 2 is a pure Class A throughout in the simplest way possible. Also with Valhalla 2 designed as a pure Class A SET OTL tube amp, again to keep things as simple and pure sounding as possible. Interesting stuff…

This is from SBAF on the MJ1: (He meant to say “balanced only out” BTW)

So…what do you get out of a headphone amp from 2012 with no gain, no source switching, unbalanced out only? First, let’s look at the advantages of a circlotron amplifier:

Linear frequency response and fast transient handling.
Absence of global negative feedback extends full power frequency response
Reliability that failure in one triode or transistor can be offset by re-biasing the amp
No DC protection circuit, meaning no AC or DC coupling needed
able to drive relatively high capacitance loads
2 Likes

I’m petty stoked about the Mjolnir’s sound, especially considering how well it compliments the Folkvangr. While I didn’t spend a lot of time today listening to the new to me amp, it was very apparent that both amps are very unique in their approaches and both have their place - think bourbon neat vs a Malibu and Coke (Coca Cola is tasty).

Before the MJ3 was announced, I was originally looking at the MJ2. But given that I was planning to sell off my Lyr+ because I was spending almost all my office time listening to the FV, I was worried that it would end up just sitting there as I used the FV - why use a tube hybrid with my Atrium when I could use the OTL/OCL amp and spend the money elsewhere?

Jason’s chapter on the MJ1 was an entertaining read and the generally low price of the the MJ1 sealed the deal.

You’re free to spend as much or as little time next Saturday listening to it - I’m curious about your thoughts.

1 Like

Really liking these and they benefit from more power for sure but run very well on my Shanling M6 Pro 21 DAP out of the balanced. The cable is a relatively inexpensive 4.4mm balanced 16 core copper OCC bought from the bay. Last pic is an HD-600 pad mod that makes them fit more comfortably.

20 Likes

Oh, a CD. or something. I got to see Jethro Tull do Aqualung and Thick as a Brick at the Civic Arena in Pittsburgh. Great show. Ian Anderson could twirl the flute like a baton, toss it 30 feet in the air, run around like a madman on stage, catch it at his hip one handed on one beat, and be playing standing on one foot on the second beat.

8 Likes

Just received another box :smiley:

17 Likes

Did the popcorn come with the IEMS?!?

1 Like

Yes, it was the first thing I saw when I opened the box :smiley:

They probably recognize my name by now and just wanted to make sure that I also get something to eat :joy:

4 Likes

That’s pretty awesome they’d do something like this for a regular customer

2 Likes

Nice, i really fancy mine and they scale very well too. I use them with my desktop gear pretty much all the time i listen to them lol

1 Like

Really happy to hear that!

I have been listening to them for the past 6 hours and I can already say that I’m in love :heart_eyes:

Today I have been using them with my IiFI xDSD Gryphon for mobility but yesterday I placed an order for an iBasso DX170 that I think I will be using when on the go.
That way I can keep the 4.4 mm cable on the IEM’s and be able to easily plug them in to my Naim Unity Atom HE or HDV 820. Oh well, yet another gadget :grin:

4 Likes

Nice! LOL seeing the popcorn! What a hoot :+1:

Where did you get them? I ask because Bloom Audio includes a chocolate with your order :laughing:
Popcorn is something new…

1 Like

I live in Denmark so usually placing my orders within the EU to avoid extra import tax and customs fees etc. :slight_smile:

Unfortunately only a few danish resellers have the high end Sennheisers and for some reason they are always out of stock or available in 1 out of 27 stores, so you would have to drive to the other side of the country to see / demo them.

My last 4 orders have been placed with Audutorium.de i Germany - Great assortment, friendly staff, quick shipment of orders and now popcorn - What’s not to like :smiley:

6 Likes

Our everyday commutes in the USA can be as long as driving from one end of Denmark to the other…

Only half joking…some people literally drive 50 to 100km or more to work

3 Likes