Schiity siblings for the rig in the office

Heretic last call

Magni Unity

13 Likes

It’s changed my vinyl world.
Highly recommended.

3 Likes

6 Likes

I’ve actually been thinking about this for years, actually. I would probably get an 8-track player install in my car, if I could. I actually still have a small collection of tapes tucked away in storage. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Nice looking ZMF!
Happy headphones.com anniversary to you pennstac!

5 Likes

Happy cake day, @pennstac!

And happy ZMF day too! Now we just have to wait for @Lothar_Wolf to get his, and we’ll have a cornucopia of ZMF goodness! :laughing:

I hope you like them after all the buildup.

8 Likes

Grabbed a tube amplifier from Korea for my Forte IV setup

Here is a pic of the current setup too. Missing my new headphone amp (new? more like old I guess). Yggy is a MiB model, Phillips CD650 (TDA1541 gang), and just A6 streamer and U Turn Special TT. Oh yeah the amp is a Brunoco 6L6PP. Probably won’t make a review, I just can’t be bothered. Actually, here is my review.

Does it sound good?
Yes.

You’re welcome

15 Likes

Rather like the review, nice, succinct, to the point even.

Nice looking amp and a neat setup. :+1:

Mark Gosdin

2 Likes

Another touch down of an amp. It is a new purchase (although the amp isn’t new to me).

18 Likes

Congrats! How long did you have to wait for it?

I don’t understand what this means, but CONGRATS nonetheless! :smiley:

2 Likes

Wow. Emission Labs make nice tubes.
Great presentation. I bet the glow alone will keep you home on Saturday nights. lol.

2 Likes

@dncnexus has previously owned a Stellaris. Welcome back to Team Blue.

2 Likes

I owned a Stellaris in the past (around 2021) but let it go as I left the hobby for personal reasons. I am getting back into it (mainly 2 channel but wanted a headphone setup) so decided to get the best headphone amp again imo.

2 Likes

Bought it used. I was quoted around 12-14 months from donald though.

5 Likes

This just arrived.

Not a lot of fancy packaging

And just the cable for accessories

Took about 7 months to arrive (ordered late Oct). I don’t have enough experience with planar magnetic headphones to make any meaningful comparisons, but they sound very dynamic to me, even when driven by my Valhalla 2 that shouldn’t be a great match. Was able to settle on an EQ I could enjoy in about 10 minutes.

Time may tell a different story, but for now for me, feels like modest money well-spent.

11 Likes

What are they? I feel kind of dumb asking, but I don’t recognize them… They look cool though! :+1:

2 Likes

My bad, as they’re not particularly common.

They are the Verum One Mk2, from Ukraine. They’re inexpensive for planar magnetics at about $350. Listening to them now with my Flux FA-10 (also from Ukraine). Well-recorded rock percussion is so much fun I haven’t gotten around to listening to much acoustic stuff yet.

8 Likes

This is the successor model, which has received very good reviews so far. For $400 as a package on Kickstarter, these headphones seem like a real bargain.

And they have a greeeeen version……:melting_face:

4 Likes