What's in the box!

Accessories:

Crazy (or maybe stupid) enough to get the original cable:

3 meters. :fireworks:

HD58X now looks sick

Too bad the sound did not follow. First impression was: WTF happened here? :hear_no_evil:

12 Likes

The Dekoni pads have the tendency of boosting the low ends at the price of mids and highs. I recommend EQ the shit out of it. You can start by looking at the FR comparison posted at Dekoni’s site. The differences are severe with some replacement pads.

8 Likes

I was aware of that. Saw in many reviews. But still wanted to pay this price. :wink:

The comfort, on the other hand. Greatly improved. At least for me. No more clamping force in the jaws.

As for the EQ, preliminary testing indicated it is track dependent. For the tricky ones, I’ll engage Sonarworks:

PS. See Bass Boost and Tilt button above

Cheers.

8 Likes

Dekoni’s material quality is amazing though. I love their packaging, I have several of those as storage for smaller audio accessories :kissing_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Drop.com is frequently having specials on Dekonis. I’ve bought several pairs (and spares). You usually save around $25.

4 Likes

Just playing…

Cables came today from Capistrano Cables. 3 Ys (ZMF, Focal and TR-X00) and 2 mains (1/4" and 4.4mm)

17 Likes

Those are DAF! THey are good looking how stiff are they? any microphonics?

3 Likes

That’s awesome! :rofl:

And I can’t believe that I didn’t think to use that one myself. :thinking:

Sweet cables.

3 Likes

Thanks! I would say much easier to work with than something like the Hart cables. I’m not a fan of how much memory they have. Plus I like having the Interconnects at the Y. So in all pretty flexible. Helps because they’re braided. I’ve had cables from LQI and theyre nice and flexible but I wanted the modular design these offer. Something that I look for is, can they be rolled up and stay in place. These can and I like that because it keeps things nice. The Hart cables unroll unless I use a velcro tie or something.
Microphonics are pretty non existent. I really have to make it happen by running my finger over the braid.
In all I’m happy. He does good work with good components without breaking the bank.
These cost a little more than Hart but I’ll pay the difference. I guess you can say I’m a little bougie :laughing:

7 Likes

I can dig it! Yeah, the harts can be a little too stiff, same with Periapt. My favorites are my ZMF Verite silver cables Drool lol

5 Likes

Don’t say that to me! I’ve been thinking about getting one because I primarily use the Zmf at my desk. Focals and others around the house.
Damn… I’ll have to check them out eventually.
I would say the LQI cables were more flexible but these aren’t bad at all.

2 Likes

Every time I see this thread I immediately think of that skit. Or Brad Pitt, what’s in the box. Lol

4 Likes

‘Fall back now! John Does’s got the upper hand!” :laughing:

7 Likes

This looks promising!

10 Likes

Damaged? Ya Think???

5 Likes

Huh. Looks OK. Now to hook it up and see if it blows up my amp!

15 Likes

-“Sounds broken…”
-“Most likely!”

9 Likes

Waited all that time for a box to come and it looks like somebody used it for a soccer ball practice

1 Like

22 Likes

Ah. Ok. Wow …

2 Likes