ZMF Eikon Headphone Official

so i’ve been looking around at all the various Eikon posts around here and reddit and the like - I knew there had been a Cherry version of the Eikon early on, but I just found some pics of a limited version of ‘Barnyard Cherry’ they did that has a much darker, rustic look to it - it happens to PERFECTLY match the Cherry wood bass guitar my dad built for me a number of years back - it is a fretless 4 string with the neck made of Rosewood and the body is Cherry wood that he bought at a sawmill auction in the 90s - the wood had been cut in the 40s (into HUGE slabs) and then ricked up in storage.
I cannot express how much hunger I have now to find a set of those Barnyard Cherry Eikons - that bass is one of my most prized possessions and having a matching set of ZMF headphones would just be the absolute best!
I do dearly love my Camphor Eikons, but damn that barnyard cherry is KILLER - whoever got one of them is some lucky folk.

9 Likes

Here is my impression after 1 hour using Eikon ltd cocolobo wood and lamb skin pad I believe. The set up is from the store so I consider it’s decent set up. I kind of 40% love it and 60% hate it. Yes it’s so natural at the same time remains the richness, the weight note and imaging is so good. But I find it somewhat dense, muddy in the low range, the seperation is not good, also the sense of space and air between note is nothing. I could go all the way with it because i really love the build and I can get it with good price but still I didn’t. The headband didn’t distribute the weight well, my head hurt just in 10 minutes. Even my 700g Hedd feels lot more comfort than this. I do love zmf headphone but i think they need to improve in somes aspects especially headband.

Post a pic of the eikons. Zmf has new upgraded headbands. There are other options like the pilot pad that can be used as well.

As well as the newer crescent strap:

Part of the reason why I love zmf headphones so much!!

There’s also zmf YouTube videos that might help with comfort. Check this one out and scroll through there other videos for tips:

3 Likes