ZMF Eikon Headphone Official

Your perception skills for all the senses are uncanny!

3 Likes

A life in wine.

Seriously though, tonight I set up a separate office system just for the Eikon and it is blowing my mind. I have an old 2013 MBP, USB out into an EarMen Sparrow, into a Loki +, into the Kenzie Ovation. About 50% (3 o’clock) treble boost on the Loki.

Holly effing sh$%^t. Defintely Ms. Henricks with glasses on.

3 Likes

That sounds like an awesome and exuberant, dialed in time.

Maybe similar to Quintarelli Valpolicella.

3 Likes

Ahhhhh. We’ll need a wine thread here for that answer. But the short answer is, more like a Quintarelli Amarone.

2 Likes

Oooh, I like it. Enjoy. Most folks drink ripasso on Tuesdays.

2 Likes

I recently got the BE-2 solid suedes and they definitely make the Eikon brighter. Verite pads don’t come in suede so I got these and enjoy them also on the VC.

1 Like

Thanks @robo24. What are the BE2? I see them in red on the ZMF chart in the Verite row but I do not see anymore info or see them for sale on the site…

They’re an option on the order page for Verite pads when available.

2 Likes

Thanks, I was just writing again that I read about them in the VO Review page. They sound interesting…I may try to get them. Or just trade up to VO. Can’t decide.

Thanks again for the info.

2 Likes

For the VC, the Be2 are between the Verite and Auteur pads in terms of warmth. I currently have the Be2 on my VC, alternating with the Auteur pads for when I want to change it up, every month or two it seems.

3 Likes

Would you mind elaborating on the changes?
I went from Eikon lambskin to Eikon Suede pads for comfort alone, but I didn’t mind the sonic changes. A little less sub bass, a slight smoothing of the treble. Overall not too much of a different experience.

Do you think the BE2 is about the same as far as minor sonic changes? I wouldn’t mind more treble, but I would not want to sacrifice much more sub bass or soundstage.

1 Like

I just spent a few minutes with both sets of pads listening to Why So Serious from The Dark Knight soundtrack around 3:30, and 10 seconds into Beyonce’s Partition, which have more sub-bass than any other tracks I have. You would definitely be sacrificing some of it, but I didn’t hear much change in the soundstage. Unusually wide for a closed back either way. I actually bought them for the Verite Closed but haven’t spent tons of time with them on either. Definitely no good on the Atticus, which I like best with Ori Suede.

3 Likes

Thanks @robo24 so by above do you mean no noticeable elevation in treble/detail with the BE2 on Eikon?

No, they’re still brighter with the suede BE-2 vs. suede Eikon. Maybe not as much as I thought initially, as some of it may just be me being fooled by there being less bass. It still sounds very good, but I think the Eikon suedes play much more to their strength.

1 Like

Great, thank you for sharing the info.

2 Likes

I’m curious what you guys are listening to with the eikon. I’m kinda going back and forth with Atticus or eikon for what I was using my th-x00 for, hip-hop, electronic, jazz, country.

I already have an aeolus.

Gear: Lyr 3>modified Gilmore lite mk2 (will get the power pack)> bifrost 2>Sony walkman (I like whatever that hsxee thing they do).

If I go full tube I’ll probably just save up for an echo mk2.

1 Like

I really got back into rap and r&b when I got a pair of x00’s. Eikon is an even better fit for those genre’s for my taste.
Latley I’ve really been into newer funk/soul r&b.
eg:
Mac Ayres - Get to you again
James Vickery - Until Morning
SiR - All in my head
Nao - Orbit

I like some new pop music as well. anything with a nice bassline shines pretty well on the Eikon.

3 Likes

Thanks. I’m guessing it would give me a different sound signature as well.

I didn’t realize when I read your comment you did not have an Eikon.
That being said, I remember reading a lot of suggestions for anything guitar heavy. It has enough low end for distorted guitar and bass heavy songs. It’s natural sound does well with acoustic as well. It’s also great for hip hop. Not as much sub bass the x00’s (i had the ebony) but much better detail and depth to the bass. More technical as well. Much less of a one trick pony.

2 Likes

eikons are amazing they are in a league of their own.

4 Likes