ZMF Vérité C - Closed-Back Dynamic Headphone - Official Thread

Pharma,I still have zero minutes of head time on any of my headphones,including Auteur and VO,as well as all the rest since taking in the VC.

I would strongly suggest you hear the VC before making a decision on any other ZMF,or any other mfg for that matter.

The VC has been a total game changer for me,literally. However I know youre way into different types of exotic wood types from interacting with you on HeadFi. Apparently Zach is still doing special one-offs on the VC too.

2 Likes

For my own reasons, I hope you’re not right about VC. The cost be a difficult at this time & I don’t do well w/closed backs for frequent or extended listening (they tend to aggravate tinnitus & migraine).

But ZMF designs being what they are (routinely amazing & paradigm-shifting in subtle ways), all that matters is what I hear when I finally get ears on these two.

As for woods, I’m nuts about padauk (my Eikon). But probably the best brown-tint (vs red of padauk & cocobolo) IMO is ziricote. It’s dense, hard, and dark/rich in hue, but w/lots of grain/figure variation. Guess I missed that boat, at least for now.

Blackwood is beautiful, but very dark, hard to see w/o good light.

2 Likes

Would be very interested in Seattle meets. How are they announced?

1 Like

Hi and welcome @neo_the_one.

1 Like

sigh this may be the ZMF I always wanted and knew Zach could do! Like what the Eikon was but better now,

1 Like

Usually just organically, with one of the local types starting a thread in the “Community” section … after which we tend to figure out the best date and so on in the thread.

2 Likes

And … ordered, finally!

Very excited about the potential for my set, especially where I’ve spent far more time (and eaten up a good chunk of Zach’s) in figuring what we’re shooting for. And given the amazing job Zach did on my three sets of Vérité, @TylersEclectic’s purple-pieces, and the Monkeypod Closed I had here recently, I’m pretty confident the end result is going to be well worth it!

5 Likes

I’m excited to see what you two have come up with!!

3 Likes

Awesome! I’m pretty much ready to order mine as well. Just waiting to hear back from Zach to work out some of the options. :smiley:

3 Likes

I put a seed in his mind about something he has never done before. He already ordered the materials needed. How it will come out,both sonically and if the material will actually take his wood working or not we shall see.

5 Likes

Balsa wood is not going to work. Sorry.

5 Likes

Damn it! Ah well back to the drawing board. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Aaaand ordered! Now it’s time to rebuild my battlestation over the next couple of months to make it worthy of receiving and displaying this work of art.

5 Likes

Good point! I do need to transform and roll out a new battlestation soon! Especially with the addition of my new “seat/throne/storage” of purple for my “Purple People Eaters” :thinking: :face_with_monocle:

12 Likes

Those are arresting! Are they purplehearts or just stained zebrawood?

1 Like

Actually Ash wood done in Shou-sugi-ban Style and burst purple stain. Zach blew past my expectations on it!

3 Likes

Wow that is such an incredibly complex procedure to pull off on such a sensitive piece of wood. I am beyond impressed! :astonished:

2 Likes

Is Ash a tone wood? They look good.

1 Like

Haha did you really get Zach to swap in purple lining in the wood case too?? Looking good man!

1 Like

Now you just need a “purple pimp hat” and your halloween costume is complete! :wink:

And being serious for a moment …

I can only imagine the deluge of special requests Zach is getting now that people have seen your purpleness.

5 Likes