ZMF Vérité C - Closed-Back Dynamic Headphone - Official Thread

Time is winding down on chance to these or desert iron wood on sale. Less than 120 minutes. Must keep finger from order button.

2 Likes

I got to spend a couple of hours hanging with @TylersEclectic again today, which is always a pleasure, but today he had his new Vérité Closed with him … as seen here

I have to say, while they look fantastic in the pictures … they’re on another level in person!

The finish is spectacular and in natural light seems to shift in hue subtly from the gorgeous, rich, deep, purple through a rainbow of colors, especially in the highlights … almost like the color effects you get with oil on water.

Burnt ash, which is striking and dramatic even if you don’t pay attention to the color, combined with the “burst” color effect is just fantastic!

I suspect my discussions with Zach about potential woods/finishes for my own set just got a lot shorter …

2 Likes

Nice! I had lunch with him yesterday and agree. They look much better in person than in pictures!

4 Likes

Always a pleasure to meet with both of you! Provides a good sanity check from day to day life lol :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Man, jealous of all your Seattle hangouts! And your VC really looks sweet, makes me think about what type of crazy wood thing I want for my own. You should post a video of it in different lighting changing colors.

5 Likes

what kind of wood is the one with the tiger stripes

1 Like

From left to right (top row first), these are (my personal headphones, excepting the bottom left set which were on loan):

• Vérité in Ziricote and polished steel.
  • Vérité in Pheasantwood and polished steel.
  • Vérité in Cocobolo and untreated copper.
  • Vérité Closed in Monkeypod and black rods (review/demo set)
  • Vérité in Cocobolo and untreated copper.
  • Eikon in Padauk and grey hardware.
3 Likes

Me too I want to lunch with those guys. Nevermind, there in spirit and those are really beautiful headphones Tyler.

1 Like

I would be stoked to have lunch with you guys!

Thank you @prfallon69 they turned out fantastic! Zach really outdid himself!

1 Like

I’m somewhere in the 80’s on the VC spreadsheet, but I’m so thrilled to get them after hearing all your impressions and reviews. Thanks everyone! @Torq @TylersEclectic

Also, in Seattle! How serendipitous.

2 Likes

First, congrats … I expect you’ll love the Vérité Closed!

I think “80’s” is the longest I’ve seen that list … so clearly Zach is onto something here …

And if you’re in Seattle, keep an eye out for our local meets … we’re lucky enough to get some very cool gear, often very early in their cycles, both courtesy of @Andrew and @taronlissimore as well as directly from manufacturers …

2 Likes

/Jedi hand wave …

You know you’ll never take those gorgeous, purple, Vérité Closed off … and have a deep, burning, desire, to let those silky-looking, deep, dark, very, very, Blackwood Aelous come my way …

2 Likes

Lol, for you it might be a possibility lol…

2 Likes

Don’t do it!

its-an-elaborate-ruse-admiral-ackbar-british-edition-22323975

5 Likes

Hi and welcome @Turnparry.

In the next couple weeks I will have loaner ZMF VC & VO to audition (at leisure) IMS. I have 5 SS amps, best of which is the V281; plus an OTL (Woo WA3)…fed by an MHDT Labs Orchid NOS DAC. That should be good enough to get a clear picture of these (reportedly) amazing headphones.

And since I don’t see a ZMF Aeolus thread her, a question about wood… My loaner pair of the Aeolus (w/Verite pads on–my clear favorite) are the stock sapele wood. It’s already pretty clear I’m going to get an Aeolus, one way or the other. If I ponied up for one in Blackwood, would it sound noticeably different vs sapele?

Inquiring (and damaged) minds want to know…

1 Like

Sorry to pick up on a really old post, but are these still being made? If so, how do you contact the maker / place an order?

If you mean the Glenn amplifiers … you can contact Glenn via this thread, and he posts as: @2359glenn

If you mean the Vérité Closed, then “yes”, and you can order here.

1 Like

I discuss how to order a Glenn,as well as why you would want to choose a Glenn over,say,pretty much any other OTL out there.

4 Likes

Now that’s a beautiful amp. Will be checking it out on my commute home.

2 Likes