Album Covers That Drive You Away

This thread is to show and discuss album covers that push you away. “I don’t care how good the music sounds, I’m not going to bother.” Alternatively “I’d never have tried that album if I hadn’t heard the music first.”

Example: John Grant Love Is Magic

3 Likes

Wow… that cover would put me right off my Cheerios. Just sayin’…

Oh, so many I can’t decide… you choose!

Can’t sleep… clowns will get me… can’t sleep, clowns will get me…

4 Likes

Soul Asylum Clam Dip and Other Delights

2 Likes

Great album. Gross cover.

2 Likes

I don’t know…”different strokes for different folks” and all but I’m kinda intrigued by the creepy ass clown covers!!:laughing: Might actually get me to look closer lol.

Wayne Cochran’s covers though…

Not so much

2 Likes

Butthole Surfers Electric Larryland … but we better watch out for the moderation standards…Beatles dead body parts…

1 Like

Yeah…my feeling as well. Weird/funny/bizarre but a bit much !!

Gotta love the Stones but this cover always creeped me out.

3 Likes

I could never figure this one out. Mick is made-up like a women with a goat’s ear.

All the band members were similarly made-up, but Mick’s was the strangest.

2 Likes

1 Like

My cousin played me this album (really just the first four or five tracks) as we were driving somewhere in April 2008 and it has since become one of my all-time top 10 albums. And I’ve seen the band in concert, too. Album us And The Glass Handed Kites, band is Mew.
71l9XqbrkaL.SX425

2 Likes

I’m glad Stuffed Crust Jesus is in “Super Stereo.” That has to be better than mono, right?

Yes… ye, it is! Much MUCH!

Courtesy of @chrisnyc75. I’m sure the music is fantastic.

3 Likes

Agreed! I’ve seen that cover too, it creeps me out big time! It stopped me from trying the album!

On @chrisnyc75 recommendation I will give it a try anyway, as I like Fever Ray a lot.

2 Likes

Fever Ray has no interest in making you comfortable. :wink: lol The album is really good, though.

1 Like

oh the humanity…

4 Likes

This might be a hot take, but… :eyes:

5 Likes

What a great thread idea @generic! I wish I knew about it sooner.

I generally really like Felix Leband’s music, but those album covers…

5 Likes