What was one of the first albums you ever purchased!?

Another fun one to see what everyone’s first album they bought was! I will start us off, mine was a cassette tape and it was Warrant, Cherry Pie! Not gonna lie I definitely had a crush on The cover model Bobbie Brown, had to get my Dad to go with me to get it due to parental advisory hahah!
:cherries: :pie:

Check out this other fun thread for your first concert too!

7 Likes

I don’t remember, but I think it was Jane’s Addiction’s “Nothing Shocking”.

Yeah, I think that’s what it was. :thinking:

3 Likes

Awesome :clap:t3: :sunglasses:

1 Like

I think it was this Cure compilation album:

4 Likes

I wore that CD out. Laser burned clean through. I also wore out Ministry’s Psalm 69.

3 Likes

Awesome!!!

1 Like

DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince. “He’s the DJ and I’m the Rapper”

8 Likes

My condolences. :scream: :weary: :hot_face:

2 Likes

Ah Man, Parents just don’t understand… :laughing:

9 Likes

In that era I was a contrarian – always went for underground and college rock. Until Smells Like Teen Spirit made alternative mainstream. Cure, Clash, Smiths, Replacements, Pixies, Ministry, Primus, early Smashing Pumpkins, early Flaming Lips, early Jane’s Addiction (pre barking dog song).

4 Likes

YES!!! Love this.

1 Like

Queen: A Day At The Races. Purchased it as soon as I saw Queen perform Tie Your Mother Down on The Midnight Special! Who remembers that awesome show?

5 Likes

I think this was my first album as well (I’m originally from the same town as the band). I got it on a cassette tape that I wore out long ago. If it wasn’t this then it was Duran Duran’s Seven and the Ragged Tiger, which I purchased for the single The Reflex, which surely has the best lyrics of all time :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

So GOOD! Love Queen

1 Like

Naughty by nature 19naughty3 I think? Or Above the Rim soundtrack… lol

7 Likes

LoL Awesome!

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure this was third grade or fourth lol

2 Likes

Exactly lol!

2 Likes

Yeahh

2 Likes

with my own hard earned money … Miami Vice soundtrack with “Rico’s theme” - to be honest

7 Likes