All things Qobuz - Q&A

Pretty wild there is no hi-res albums of Adele on Qobuz, was kinda shocked to see this just now.

1 Like

There are no hi-res Adele albums anywhere that I know of.

A few of her tracks from other albums are in hi-res, but otherwise not. Not as MQA with TIDAL and not on HD Tracks either.

Though given the compressed dynamic range of those albums anyway, it’s not very surprising.

4 Likes

I didn’t realize this, thank you Ian!

1 Like

Actually it looks like AmazonHD does for sure have it, and there is an audible difference between this and the CD quality in Qobuz

Looks like the whole album is 24bit 92khz

Okay, so she’s got one album on Amazon HD … the least usable of all the services, and the most compressed of all her albums as I recall (no apparent change in that regard here, at least audibly … I’ll compare the actual bit-depth and spectra a bit later … but they’ve always been around just 4-6 on the DR scale).

That it isn’t elsewhere is likely a licensing issue.

Would not be at all surprised if this wasn’t just an upsampled copy of the normal album.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s just my imagination and there is not an audible difference…could just be the placebo effect. I don’t claim to have golden ears lol and no measurement equipment.

1 Like

@Audiophile: if you are interested there are ‘shared’ playlists on TIDAL also I found one of 2616 tracks(somebody on CA/AS did it) in chronological order of ALL The Grateful Dead live performances will send you the address if interested- plus in archives.org you can download all their debut live songs ie the first time they ever sang them it’s a hoot–apologize that this is a Qobuz thread but couldn’t resist it after seeing the Qobuz playlists you listed(am going to listen to all of them and make my own playlists) so don’t y’all be offended please
bobbmd

2 Likes

Would love those playlists on Qobuz! Love the Grateful Dead!

1 Like

@MRHifiReviews: I transferred 2 large playlists of mine to Qobuz that I made on TIDAL(entitled first dead in MQA) then transferred them via Soundiz to Qobuz ~200+/~300+ if you would like them but I don’t know how to ‘share’ them or make them available so if someone knows how tell me. Please no comments about MQA… just did it when MQA came out to see how it sounded it(mostly just louder) when I play those on Qobuz they are mostly HiRez or 24/96 and on A+3.5+ either 24/96 or 24/192 on my DAC(Yggdrasil GS).
You could get a 3 month trial of TIDAL get that playlist of 2616 tracks and then transfer them to Qobuz via Soundiz(premium) only don’t know if all are available on Qobuz
bobbmd

3 Likes

No worries! Thanks, @bobbmd, all good I don’t know much about Tidal to be honest lol. I just know I love the Grateful Dead. You should be able to go to your playlist on Qobuz and click the 3 dots and a pop up will appear and you can share the link and post it here! I attached a screenshot if you look at the picture you can see on the Pop/Rock playlist by Qobuz there are the 3 dots in the bottom right-hand corner. That’s where you go to share.

1 Like

@MRHifiReviews will try tomorrow too late tonight and am watching the football game will try to transfer my lists plus will transfer that 2616 playlist via Soundiz then to Qobuz also—-keep your fingers crossed— thanks for the info

1 Like

Sounds great! Good luck sir. :+1:

For those that like piano and male vocal jazz, this popped up recently on qobuz. I first listed at work through a Dragonfly Cobalt->Sony WH-1000XM3. At home I am listening through Mojo->Vali 2->HD-6XX and it is awesome!

https://open.qobuz.com/album/i3dclcas2szqb

2 Likes

Thank you @FrostyBud !

1 Like

Is there a way to discover all the open playlists others have created?

2 Likes

You’ve got some good taste. I would listen to all of these

3 Likes

@MRHifiReviews and anyone else— success! There are now 4 playlists on Qobuz from my TIDAL playlists of the Grateful Dead that 2616 track playlist of all the Dead live performances in chronological order looks like it came in THREE(3) parts of approx 999 tracks each!! The other very large playlists of first Dead in MQA also got transferred in their entirety— now how to get them to you and whoever else wants them- on my Mac mini desktop app for Qobuz it says I can’t transfer them they are ‘Private’ yet it appears I can on my iPad Pro Qobuz app— have reached out to @dmackta and @davidcraff on CA/AS thread Official Qobuz Issues on network/streaming forum— if any of you have suggestions let me know.
BTW those playlists sound SO MUCH BETTER on Qobuz!!!bobbmd

3 Likes

@bobbmd Nice one! You just need to make them public playlists. Change them from private to public then you can share!

1 Like

If I’m understanding correctly what you are attempting to do, you can make your Qobuz Playlists PUBLIC by

(1) Opening Playlist
(2) Going to the THREE DOTS (…) at the top
(3) Select Modify Playlist
(4) Select Public

Then you have to open your Playlist on the Qobuz Web Player. Once open select the WWW page at the top of your Playlist and copy it here.

We can save your Playlist by liking it - selecting the heart. It will turn red for us. We can’t modify your Playlist, but we can listen to it as if it were our own.

2 Likes

I believe you got it!

2 Likes