CanJam NYC 2020

Next month will be my 3rd year going to CanJam NYC, looking forward to trying out some new stuff and deciding if I’m going to go broke and get the Verite Closed :smile:

Anyone here attending?

6 Likes

@andrew, @Resolve and I will all be there. Bringing the HEDDphone demo with us!

8 Likes

Ahh, nice. I’ll have to check those out.

2 Likes

@taronlissimore, Will you be bringing them to CanJam L.A.? The HEDDphone, not the Andrews.

I’m not positive we will be going to CanJam LA this year. So we’d have to get that part figured out first before we could commit to bringing the HEDDphone.

2 Likes

HEDDphone or not, it’d be nice to see you guys here.

2 Likes

I’ll probably be going to CanJam SoCal again this year! As we have family and friends in the surrounding area…so it makes for easy two birds one stone type of trip

3 Likes

Sounds good! I started a thread. CanJam SoCal 2020

2 Likes

This is coming up soon. It would be great to set up an event with community members in the NY area while we’re in town.

6 Likes

I’m game. I’m heading there Thursday night. Plan on just hanging out in NYC Friday then CanJamming the weekend away.

Unless Corona Virus overtakes the city then I may pack a hazmat suit.

3 Likes

A few more days!!!

Anyone know if someone is bringing the Denon lineup of headphones? I’m really interested in hearing the 7200/9200?

1 Like

This is my first CanJam experience, so naturally I’m pretty excited to go. I’ve got a few brands in mind that I want to check out, but I’m curious what everyone else wants to hear impressions of. What do you guys want to see?

It would be awesome to get impression of Dunu Luna and Final Audio A8000.

1 Like

Along with the Denons, I wouldn’t mind hearing the HEDDphones and the SR1a. Since HiBy is there, I’ll be curious if they have anything new to toy with. Also, hopefully the Fiio players are there (M11 pro, and maybe a M15 demo unit). Not really in the market for a new player but curious to hear. I also want to try out the new iFi portable dac/amp.

I’ll definitely stop by to visit the ZMF Headphone table (probably on Sunday as it’s normally super crowded over there on Saturday). I mainly want to hear the VC again but Zach and Bevin are nice folks so it’s always good catching up with them.

Of course, fanboy me will stop by the Audeze booth… don’t know if they’ll have anything new I haven’t heard already but I can’t play around a bit with stuff I don’t have.

1 Like

Jude’s CanJam NYC video of the things that will be at the show

3 Likes

The Drop Dac, Drop CAN 6xx by ifi looks really promising.
(Drop version of ifi Zen Dac/amp)

3 Likes

Agree. Added to my list of things to check out while there. Curious to see the specs on the Drop CAN (ugh, these mass drop names haha)

Also that AMA session on Saturday should be fun.

2 Likes

Funny thing is I was considering buying the Zen Dac as a temporary amp for my computer setup, but I watched the video you just posted and it featured the Drop version that I haven’t seen mentioned elsewhere! (Good looking out. :+1:t4:)

I Love the Burr Brown sound. My current computer Dac is an old NAD with a Burr Brown chipset. This drop version may be a longer term replacement than I was anticipating.

Yeah, Drop’s names can be funny. :grin:

4 Likes

I will be there as well. See you guys there! @andrew @Resolve @taronlissimore

6 Likes

We’re on the plane now. Not getting in until about 10pm tonight so we will see everyone on the show floor tomorrow!

8 Likes