CanJam SoCal 2019

thanks Tyler!

Hmm zirocote wood stand would look nice.

1 Like

I have a bunch of pictures but I took most with iA function so we will see how they come out, I’ll process them and post probably tonight when I get home, or probably tomorrow…or a mix of the two lol

1 Like

Anyone try the Kaldas Research Conquest budget electrostatic?

1 Like

Damn, I actually wanted to try these but I spaced it…, I’m still here but I’m on daughter watching duty while we wait to head to the airport…

1 Like

A ZMF product in my budget! Now if it only produced sound …

3 Likes

Buy two.

Bang them together.

4 Likes

For that money I would (and have) bought a cajon. It’s more versatile and you get more wood for your money.

2 Likes

Stick a cheap PI speaker to the side lol

1 Like

Cajonphones - next new wood headphones.

2 Likes

All this talk of cajones made me think that someone needs to start a cajon sub-reddit. Of course that’s already been done!

2 Likes

Here are the “Gary’s” from 64

4 Likes

Looks super interesting. I’d love to get my hands on them at some point. Do they use the Tia driver?

1 Like

They (64 audio) were literally stating don’t quote me as the name as “Gary” so that is a joke just FYI, also they were not stating anything about anything other than letting people know they were coming out in July, no price, no name, no details…also the casing is just their camo casing and not final production =) the gentleman at the booth were very friendly and quite helpful.

They sounded really nice and full also, I would say somewhere between the Solaris and Andromeda, but take with a grain of salt as I’m not really an IEM person.

The only time I was brushed off was at the RAAL booth, I was in mid conversation about them and was actually going to purchase a set when the guy stopped mid sentence turned and started talking directly with a kid (early 20’s) with the Mysphere 3.2/1 on his neck and sitting down at the RAAL high-end setup ( I also know that this kid had a pair of RAAL SR1a’s in his bag as he was showing them to a friend prior to the show starting). Needless to say I’m now re-thinking my purchase of the RAALs, but that is just me being a turd about those sorts of things =) My wife and I have similar experiences when buying big ticket items…something about tattoos and earrings, and a wife that looks younger than she is (also a mistake as she is the lawyer lol).

Rant over…I’ll post more of my pictures soon, most are just of what I thought were interesting or were requests =)

7 Likes

They were giving no details on the new IEMs. From listening to it, I’d guess it was a DD, BA, estat hybrid.

2 Likes

This was a fun amp, it is much smaller than I thought it would be, and has a lot of functionality with the knobs up front for controlling EQ =)

pretty cool how you can see through the casing. This is one good looking amp in my opinion… you can get it in all black with the “copper” knobs, volume and buttons, which I think is a really nice combo.

They show up on (Mass)Drop every once in a while and they hinted it will be showing up again in the near future.

All three at the show, Black/Silver/Copper, it is anodized aluminum for the main portion of the case.

4 Likes

This was pretty cool, but not practical for me personally. It uses a motor that you can adjust by pushing it closer or pulling it away from the main TT…it seemed like it was still in prototype mode though. The arm was very finicky from my limited experience with such things. But it was cool looking!

3 Likes

Oops!

I had this experience in San Fransisco once. Went to buy some Salvatore Ferragamo shoes to complete my wedding outfit. Was in a bit of a hurry. Most of the salesmen ignored me but one friendly (or desperate) one came over to help. 15 minutes later he had sold me the most expensive shoes I’ve ever bought, probably his easiest sale of the day!

As a side note, I still have and enjoy those shoes nearly two decades on.

4 Likes

yeah, this is always a big turn off for me on a company…even if it is just the “salesperson”… The funny thing is we are usually the easiest people to deal with, if people just talk to us lol… I guess our look and general bearing don’t scream “Money” lol…but the “rich” kid was wearing flip-flops, basketball shorts, and a t-shirt…so who knows…could have also been a case of them wanting to see/hear about the Mysphere as it seems to be a direct competitor to their headphones.

I try hard not to put my bias (known or unknown) into decisions or assumptions into decisions. Sometimes it is hard though due to knee jerk reactions to things lol.

3 Likes

It’s a UniPivot arm … they take some getting used to.

In fact the whole table, while having entry-level (isn) pricing, is not really intended for anyone that isn’t familiar with how to properly install and setup a turntable and especially the cartridge (alignment, azimuth, VTA, VTF etc.), which really needs proper tools to do.

1 Like

yeah, it looked pretty intense, I watch the gentleman set it up and was trying to pick up some of the conversation…but only got snippets.

He was showing how you can slide the motor away from the main setup to change the grip of the pulley(?)… Also overall it is a really cool player in person, I figure some more seasoned in players folks would appreciate the picture…I think for me it would be too much though :wink: lol. But it is a very cool looking set up.

I also saw a maglift? player which looked really cool! I didn’t grab a pic though =( the rest of my pictures are of A&K gear the new 2000 amp and the new Beyer collab headphones (I really liked them actually) also the cables they have on them and the IEMs are pretty swanky! I’ll post here soon =)

2 Likes