CanJam SoCal 2019

Anyone going to be attending this? I’ll be there on Saturday for a couple of hours, but we fly out that afternoon. It would be cool to meet up and chat with fellow forum members.

4 Likes

Probably. I grabbed tickets and live about 20-30 minutes away so I’ll only not be there if something comes up.

2 Likes

Nice! Hopefully see you there!

I think we’re going to miss this one. We had talked about going, but it looks like we’ll be at my brother’s wedding and out of the country. Which means, if I haven’t given up the “hobby” aspects of all of this, our next CanJam will likely be the RMAF cycle again …

2 Likes

@andrew and I will be there. CanJam SoCal is great. The Marriott is a great venue for the show and it’s an excuse to venture down to California.

4 Likes

I’d love to go but I think I’ll be going to Cali in April and May and that’s too much california for me at one time.

2 Likes

Never enough California… But I’m a native son, displaced here in Seattle lol…if it wasn’t so damn expensive in Cali we would be back there already…but who knows, the wife and I are always open to moving lol, especially to warmer climates, but as long as it is interesting (and the jobs pay well).

4 Likes

When someone from Seattle calls a place expensive, that’s seriously expensive!

5 Likes

Bringing this thread back up since CanJam SoCal is coming up next weekend!

For those of you who are attending, it would be great to meet up on the show floor and see everyone in person. @andrew @Nic and I will all be there so definitely feel free to say hi when you see us.

There are quite a few headphones that should be fun to check out (the RAAL is a must thanks to @Torq’s impressions). Anything you are planning on checking out?

4 Likes

I’ll be there with my children, barring any surprises that come along the way. On the fence about doing both days for now, but the wife would sure appreciate the uninterrupted sleep since she works nights.

Don’t be strangers!

3 Likes

I highly recommend this show, it’s in a great location and it’s big enough to be interesting, but small enough that you can see everything you want to see. It’s fantastic for people who love headphones.

Note: One day is probably all you need if you want to see everything.

Look forward to seeing some of you folks there!

4 Likes

I’ll be there Saturday! I promised ZMF (Zach and Bevin) I would stop by and introduce myself. Other than that I’m just going to wonder aimlessly. I do want to try the new Audeze gaming headphones, but nothing else is coming to mind as a must listen.

The RAAL I will get a better opportunity to listen this weekend, in a more appropriate environment @Torq barring any unforeseen schedule conflicts.

I am down to grab coffee or something with everyone and I look forward to seeing @andrew, @taronlissimore, and meeting @Nic

Maybe I’ll bring my switch for some impromptu gaming sessions lol…probably not…just the camera I think :thinking: to busy looking at all the shinys!

4 Likes

Their booth/table was permanently camped out at CanJam @ RMAF 2018, which made getting to hear them there a bit of a commitment. Having now spent some time with them, I’d say it’s worth the wait.

I’ll be interested to hear what they’re driving them with. I’m assuming it’ll be the Benchmark DAC3 and their AHB2 amplifier (since those were used during development), but it’d still be interesting to know if that’s still the case.

2 Likes

I’ll try and grab pictures of the gear if it isn’t over crowded! :grin:

1 Like

Please enjoy TrafficJam SoCal 2019…every visit I swear “Never again!”

3 Likes

Lol, luckily I have a room in the hotel hosting…not that it makes a huge difference, but at least I can get away from the crowds for a bit if needed. Also flying out Saturday after the show, so I’ll be trying to get most of it in during the first couple hours.

1 Like

Yo. I’ll be there on Saturday. It’d be cool to meet you guys and have a beer or something.

On another note, csglinux at Head-Fi is organizing a world tour of a set of ER2SE IEMs for measurement so that we can compare variances in rigs. I’m adding in a set of MH755. By measuring the exact same set of IEMs, we can then create calibration files to match someone else’s setup. Using those calibrations, we should be able to rule out variance between different rigs when comparing unit measurements. If you’re interested, bring your measurement gear to SoCal CanJam on Saturday. I’ll have both sets there for you to measure before I send them off to @antdroid.

If you want to sign up for the tour, you can do so in the following thread: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/etymotic-er2se-a-reference-headphone-for-your-ears-and-your-couplers.908512/

5 Likes

I have been eyeing Jomo for a while and definitely want to check them out. Haven’t heard any A&K players since I gave up my AK240 a couple of years ago so looking forward to hearing the new lineup as I actually need to get a DAP.

Ampsandsound sent me a Kenzie to test when they first opened and I thought it was one of the best tube headphone amps I had heard at the time and I’m pretty interested to see how their higher end models have developed.

I will have a pair of AAW A3H Universals on me as well as my Custom ASH set. Happy to let anyone have a listen or check out the build quality on the customs.

2 Likes

I will also be bringing our camera as we have a couple interview plans and I love doing photos on Hunnington beach. Last year I got out there for sunrise and sunset and the photos were great. That’s where I grabbed the Andromeda beach pictures.

andro%20beach%202250x1200

@MCM We would be happy to grab a beer or two. Saturday would work best for us as I don’t believe we are committed to anything that evening yet.

4 Likes

All this talk makes me want to fly down for a day now.

And when I say “all this talk” i’m really just referring to the beer and beach part.

Huntington Beach is awesome.

3 Likes