CanJam SoCal 2022

Look forward to meeting you Golden!

2 Likes

Bumping this thread up since we’re weeks away! I hope you guys are ready for the surprise drops that are going to happen before the show and at the show! COVID really slowed down releases so this CanJam SoCal is shaping up to be the biggest one in a couple years.

If you’re in the area or have the ability to come to the show, I would highly recommend not missing this one!

11 Likes

I hope some of those surprise drops are the planar IEMs from Moondrop and Dunu!

SoCal sounds fun - hope everyone enjoys! I look forward to reading and watching impressions.

4 Likes

You can be sure we’ll have a few surprises!

4 Likes

Super stoked and definitely ready for my first CanJam!!! …but dammit, No, I’m not ready for surprise drops!!! I’ve been trying really hard to keep my eye on the “prize”…which is coming home from CanJam with an amp for Susvara.
Good lord….newly dropped “sparklies” too?…my wife is gonna be so pissed when I get back!!

My doghouse is gonna have a kick-ass headphone setup :grin:

8 Likes

Excited to see all of you at CanJam SoCal this year! Please come say hi to me, always fun to meet you guys in person!

2 Likes

Look forward to meeting you, you chose a great show for your first CanJam!

2 Likes

Only 2 weeks now!!!

Even my wife is talking about it…She keeps asking me what exactly I’m looking to try or possibly get. I’m not fooled by her feigned interest…when she’s actually trying to gauge her level of disappointment in my spending :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Looking forward to it and hopefully finally meeting some of you all.

I got this with my avatar on it to identify myself ….

So please say “hey” if you see me. I’ll be the old guy with this little kids backpack … should be easy to spot :joy:

15 Likes

Where are you going to land? South OC is a great option. I live in RivCo. The heat is stifling out here. It’s been between 100-110F all week. It’s already 100F before noon.

2 Likes

I am driving since I am re-locating to SoCal the week before (on the 12th) so no flights needed! I’ll be somewhere on the West Side, around Santa Monica, Mar Vista, or Culver City. Still locking final arrangements down but I should no more soon.

4 Likes

Just one more week until CanJam SoCal! Looking forward to seeing everyone there and the reactions to some of the surprises coming up!

For anyone looking to try out the highly regarded Zahl HM1, make sure to stop by the booth and say hi. We’ll have all the flagships available to try out with it along with some other stuff :wink:

11 Likes

Will see you there!! Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Yessss…top of my list to hear at the show. Can’t wait!!

4 Likes

Any delivery updates on these?

3 Likes

I wish my bro was still living in San Diego as I could have gone to see him/gone to Can Jam all in one.

Regardless, have a good time all who are going! Post lots of pics and impressions, pls!

4 Likes

The Head-Fi CanJam SoCal preview video just dropped. Its a long one!

5 Likes

I’ve been in pretty close contact with Michael during vacation. Its looking like the original ETA of October is most likely as he’s let me know he has the parts for building and has begun the process but would like to ship the builds in a batch vs one at a time. I’ll be sending out an update email to all the HM1 pre-orders right after CanJam.

3 Likes

I remember driving from 2am to 9am visiting Pacifica. Gorgeous area. The most vivid memory from the drive was going down a forestry freeway being completely clear on the left side and full of thick fog on the right. Was like being in a fairly tale.

4 Likes

@Skedra and I are at the airport. Looking forward to this!

7 Likes

Looks like it will be a stacked turnout between exhibitors and attendees. I’m stoked to put some faces to names and hearing some awesome gear!

3 Likes

I’m so jealous of you all who are going, it should be a blast! There will be so much to see, I’d personally really want to give a listen to “The Expanse” from DCA (cue music from the show, a must watch on Amazon btw), and Zach’s planar.

@Audiophool, I want to hear which ZMF you decided on when you get back! (to go with your Folkvanger, it wants one) :laughing:

6 Likes