Community Member YouTube Reviews and Impressions

6 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes

After dipping my toes a couple of years ago into the hifi rabbit hole, I have now decided to do the same into content creation. I will be focusing on tech, audio and gaming mostly.

Itā€™s the community like this one here that has encouraged me to just hit record and see where it goes. Link to my channel is here for those that have the time to drop by. First vid is uber noober and simple but I gotta start somewhere. I am both excited and terrified :smile:
Cheers!

2 Likes

I wanted to share my CanJam Chicago experience with everyone on my YT Channel. Check it out if any of you have some time. I had a blast!!

8 Likes

LOL, I can see myself in one of your ZMF room photos, and you were sitting next to 2 of my friends. If Iā€™d known, I would have walked over to say hello.

The ZMF room was the highlight of the show for me. The combination of the Atrium and a pre-production ZMF-Decware amp was absolutely amazing. And I had so many wonderful conversations with Zach, Bevin and all the ZMF staff.

It was a shame about your experience with the Susvara. For some reason, Hifiman didnā€™t bring an amp that could drive it. I tried it on the EF400 dac-amp that they were using to demo all their headphones, and had it on high gain and volume at 100%. It sounded very smooth but the amp was obviously not powerful enough. When returned on Sunday, I discovered that theyā€™d made a deal with the Benchmark stand next door, to allow people to listen to a Susvara on a HPA4. This had enough power, and the sound really opened up. Headamp also had a Susvara on their GSX mk 2 amp.

3 Likes

Good to know! Yeah I didnā€™t want to diss on hifiman by any means, just an unfortunate experience. Especially since I love the Aryaā€™s. Funny thing is the rep even told me how much more power they need as he was plugging them inā€¦ I swear when the volume dipped down I thought the Susvara was going to blow a fuse in the place ha!!

I really should have mingled more with the people there but with my 1 day trip I had to move along and with my wife as wellā€¦ I didnā€™t want to overly bore her. Sorry I missed out meeting you though!

Ohā€¦damn I missed out with the GSX mk2 with the Susvara. That would have been a treat. Awesome amp!

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing. My favorites parts are:

1. Wife (what a cutie)
  2. HD800s vs HD820
  3. Meeting Zeos
2 Likes

Just finished your video - really enjoyed it man! Thanks for putting it together and sharing your impressions. Iā€™m only about 90 min from Chicago, but I just had too much going on this past weekend to attend. With that said, I definitely got a taste of the show thanks to your video!

1 Like

Thank you guys, I appreciate the kind words. Iā€™ll continue to evolve and do more things with my channel for sure. I canā€™t wait to go to my next CamJam now that I have a better idea of what to expect and try out!

Nice job on your video. Curious if Sennheiser discussed their business model moving forward. Kudos to your wife for attending. Youā€™re a lucky guyā€¦

1 Like

@skeeb23 great video! Thatā€™s a bummer about the Susvara. I went to CanJam NYC in February. If I remember correctly the Hifiman table had the Susvara paired with a Burson Conductor which was driving it well. Maybe someone forgot to pack it for the Chicago event!

This. I found out after from someone else that they didnā€™t have them powered sufficiently enough. I completely missed it, but they had them also setup at another station I believe with the GS-X Mk2 which was plenty of power. Iā€™ll get a proper listen one day!
Thank you for the kind words!

1 Like

Recently I decided to go back to the budget side of things and what better way to do it then KOSS? Well, I started out with the KOSS Porta Pro and enjoyed that one so much that I then decided to go further and listen to the KPH40 and KSC75. This was very fun I must admit! I decided to cover it in one of my videos just to show the initial reaction and impression of each.

Iā€™ll attach that video, but I also wanted to add on a bit to this. I am finding the sound of the KSC75 to be so good that I will probably look into the headband you can attach to it. Iā€™ve since also been told that I need to listen to the 30i and KTXPRO1. So Iā€™m sure I will cover those soon beings they are also budget options.

I think with all the budget iemā€™s we have access to nowadays, that the KOSS deserves to get its due attention still. Iā€™m aware Iā€™m very late to the game on these, but never too late to enjoy a product line.

Donā€™t forget this topic!

and the SportaPro. All seem to be referenced in the above.

And it appears you have YAXI pads on some of them, which affects the sound slightly. Clearly you have not consulted with my 12 year old nephew whom I set up with PortaPros a couple of years ago. He seems to think its FORBIDDEN to be matchy-matchy with your Yaxi colors. Thereā€™s black and yellow (for the STEELERS, for example.

1 Like

ha! Thatā€™s a great ideaā€¦I already have the orange, just need the blue for my shi**y bears!

I realize they change the sound a bit however I love that sound.
I did post my Porta Pro review over at the official thread, just didnā€™t want to blow it up with my other KOSS stuff.

I think itā€™s great that anybody gives PortaPro/Koss their due. I have red and black YAXIs on the set next to the computer (I use for actual phone calls) Red on Right, keeps me from having to think. and Red/Blue on the pair at work. I do think Yaxi slightly improves the sound. But Iā€™m pointing it out so that people are aware.

1 Like

Headphone friends!

Heā€™re my take on three of the best wireless headphones on the market.

If you have a couple of minutes to spare, please consider watching my comparison. :pray:

Focal Bathys vs Bowers & Wilkins Px8 vs Mark Levinson 5909

Have a nice Saturday
Frederick

1 Like

I love watching the content our people from the community make. I think itā€™s original and also very realistic. They donā€™t have any interest in promoting certain brands just for money, they are honest and open with their decision.