Koss Porta Pro-Unofficial Thread

The Koss Porta Pro have been in production for over three decade, and are beloved by headphone enthusiasts across the world.

This is the place to discuss all things Porta Pro.

11 Likes

And these are the Yaxi pads you should buy for the Koss Porta Pros.

6 Likes

Before and after Yaxi pad arrival! Yaxi pads are a must!

5 Likes

This is where you can buy the Drop version.

5 Likes

I Love the Porta Pros. I know most people comment on Sennheiser HD6** being the quintessential headphone, but I feel this is the true starting point for a budding headphone enthusiast.

Here’s a picture of my beloved Porta Pros (with Yaxi pads).

5 Likes

Oooh, I really like the gold.

2 Likes

Yeah, I do too. When they released the Anniversary Editions I had to have one! The other Anniversary Edition is Beige (which look pretty awesome with the Orange Yaxi Pads).

image image

3 Likes

LOL, just realized that’s your avatar pic. Derp

2 Likes

Sweet! Did you order yours after I posted my pics of my son’s pair? I’d like to think I may have influenced you. :blush:

You mentioned in the HEDDphone thread the other colorways, in Europe they had (you can still find some) White w/ Black, Red w/ Black, Black w/ Red drivers, and All Black (similar to the Drop version).

image image

5 Likes

Yup! :laughing:
And I have “nicer” headphones, but these little guys are special.

2 Likes

I’ve had my KPP for about 8 months. Got the Yaxi pads about 2 weeks ago.

2 Likes

It’s amazing what the Yaxi pads do to open up the drivers. I received a Dragonfly Cobalt for Christmas and the Porta Pros really shine with it. I’ll be doing a ‘formal’ review on the DFC later.

3 Likes

I look forward to it!

I was a Yaxi pad sceptic, but for the price I figured why not. Better bass, a more even mid and treble frequency response. Moar komfortz. Win/win.

I usually drive mine via dongle from my OnePlus 7 Pro. I’ve been thinking about the BTR3 or something similar, but it’s like… Is $60 worth only kinda getting rid of the cable issue? Meh. Still undecided.

3 Likes

I’m digging the different colors of the special editions!

Also I am a convert! These for the price should be the starting point of budding audiophiles!

4 Likes

I’ve been ‘championing’ these for a while. That’s why it’s my Avatar!

2 Likes

If you are an audiophile, and you don’t own these, then you’re not an audiophile.

4 Likes

Haha! And I hate that term, but I completely agree. :laughing:

3 Likes

I agree. The term is almost derogatory. I consider myself to be a sarcastic (and sometimes cranky) audio enthusiast.

2 Likes

I prefer music Lover :heart_eyes:, but audio enthusiast works too.

3 Likes

@metal571 Can you post the Porta Pro Mods you mentioned to @TylersEclectic? I’d love for you to post the info here.

Thanks!

1 Like