Favorite series opening theme(s)?

5 Likes

Game of Thrones, Black Sails, Succession, Westworld, Cheers, Taxi, and MASH are theme songs that immediately come to mind. Taxi and MASH being my favorites.

2 Likes

Ditto …took the words right out of my mouth. Right up there for me is the Sanford and Son theme too

3 Likes

This is still the one to beat :grinning:

4 Likes

And one more I really like though it really isn’t a theme in the opening credits but rather a different version by a different artist is played at the end of each season finale.

You’ll Never Leave Harlan Alive in Justified

2 Likes

That reminds me of The Wire that used the same theme song for each season but used a different artist’s redition. I believe Tom Waits recorded the original and he was used for season 2(?):

To me, this is one of the most perfect themes ever and I love that they used different versions throughout the series. Also Frank’s Wild Years is one my favorite albums of all time.

5 Likes

True Detective Season 3. The theme tune is Death Letter by Cassandra Wilson. Spotify

Love this moody music. Fits well.

Sorry guy’s if the link I entered is wrong in any way. Just let me know I will try to rectify it.

5 Likes

From a couple of years before my time, but pretty epic - Theme From S.W.A.T.-Rhythm Heritage - YouTube
@Audiophool — looks like it’s from the same guy, Barry Devorzon, who brought us Nadia’s Theme.

3 Likes

Oh man…had totally forgotten this one but remembered it as soon as I heard it!!! Great one…super funky. Lol, very different from Nadia’s Theme for sure. Thanks for sharing…love it!!:+1:

1 Like

My favorite Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds song, had no idea this show was using “Red Right Hand” until my 13 old son mentioned he really like the theme song on Peaky Blinders…

3 Likes

I feel like this earworm should be included The Greatest American Hero Theme Song - Believe it or Not - YouTube

5 Likes

I always really dug the opening sequence from House of Cards, not only for the music, but also for those sweet, panning-time-lapse shots. Definitely one of my faves

4 Likes

So epic LL Cool J stole it

Or so I’ve heard :grimacing:

1 Like

Doctor Who original theme music by Delia Derbyshire and Ron Grainer.

3 Likes

Call me odd, but I really like The Song of the High Seas, sometimes referred to as Victory at Sea. I remember watching this series on PBS with my father when I was a kid.

1 Like