Favorite Video Game Soundtracks

I feel like video games, just like movies, benefit a lot from a great soundtrack.

Some of the most hard hitting, beautiful and iconic pieces I’ve heard have been from different video games.

I’d say my top ten (in no particular order) are:

1. Halo 2 theme MJOLNIR Mix - Halo 2
  1. City of tears - Hollow Knight
  1. Exile Vilify - Portal 2
  1. Want You Gone - Portal 2
  1. Turret Opera - Portal 2
  1. Still Alive - Portal
  1. The Spine - Transistor
  1. Adventure - Fez

1. The Final Trial - Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild
  1. Mantis Lords - Hollow Knight
8 Likes

Retro Day…

Tropico!

Repost from myself:

Cuphead (I’ve never seen or tried to obtain this actual game):

Grim Fandango:

6 Likes

Loving the Grim Fandango Album.

3 Likes

Underrated game and OST

5 Likes

All great so far!

5 Likes

Not my favourite OST per se but the live performance of the Witcher 3 is amazing.

4 Likes

I love the Skyrim and The Banner Saga soundtracks. The Doom 2016 soundtrack is also quite good, even though it’s not the best in terms of sound quality (it’s compressed…).

1 Like

Asking me to choose a soundtrack is almost as difficult as choosing a favorite game. Anything from Zelda is my favorite, really.

However, recently I really liked “Overture XI” from Dragon Quest XI, as well as “Sunset Waltz” from FFXV

Link to both here:

2 Likes

I used to use this awesome playlist back when it was a .swf file (rip flash). Looks like they transitioned to HTML5! Lots of good classics in here.

They also added an option to choose between different “flavors” in the top left. Mellow is def going to be my most used :smiley:
chrome_2020-05-20_21-23-09

2 Likes

Try the new Halo soundtrack for the upcoming game. Return To The Fold is an especially entertaining song.

1 Like

Witcher 3 has an amazing and imersive soundtrack, which is exactly what I look for in a game soundtrack. But for nostalgia Ocarina of Time takes the cake!

2 Likes

Oh man, that opening credits music is top notch.

Takes me back to the first time I ever played it.

Another game that I’ve really grown to love the soundtrack is Undertale.

Especially this specific track.

3 Likes

God of War soundtrack is amazing.

3 Likes

The Last of Us also has a stellar soundtrack.

2 Likes

This is another good one:

4 Likes

Octopath Traveler has one of my favorite video game soundtracks. One of the few games where I’ve put down the controller, sit back, and just listen to the soundtrack.

Playlist:

Some stand-out tracks to me:

2 Likes

I finished the Final Fantasy 7 Remake recently and the soundtrack from that game was just downright amazing.

Celeste is fantastic as well

Nier Automata

Final Fantasy X

6 Likes

The Tangerine Dream GTA V Cinematic score is one I’ve been listening to a lot lately.

Perfect Dark
GoldenEye 007
No One Lives Forever

1 Like

I always liked the Metal Gear Solid soundtracks. MGS 3: Snake Eater was really cool.

3 Likes