Feliks Audio Echo - Official Thread

This is the official thread to talk about the Feliks Audio Echo

16 Likes

Hoping this picture means we will start seeing Feliks Audio amps for sale on headphones.com soon :smiley: !

4 Likes

is that also a Rebel amp next to it @taronlissimore ?

1 Like

Hoping this picture means you get a free bottle of By Bladnock with every purchase.

2 Likes

I am eagerly awaiting to try the new Echo 2!

4 Likes

I’m hoping to see the RebelAmp at headphones.com too (green device on the left).

I came close to buying the Echo 1, and am happy I didn’t.

3 Likes

Please… Tell me more…

3 Likes

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with the Echo 1, but the Echo 2 was recently announced.

4 Likes

Has anyone here had the chance to compare the Echo and the Espressivo mkII?

I already have an Echo mkI, but got a good offer on an Espressivo mkII and I have been meaning to pick up a second tube amp for the living room.

1 Like

Hi. Been using the Echo for over 2 years now, any who got the Elise who can compare them 2?

Lovely combo with Beyerdynamic DT880 600ohm and T1 G2, still I wanna try something else.

9 Likes

I actually contacted Feliks Audio about this when I was looking to upgrade from the Echo (I did love the Echo btw). The expressivo had just dropped under a $1000 retail.

Hello John
Thanks for your email. Espressivo works better with lower impedance headphones and the signature is a bit more sophisticated. It’s not probably a night and day difference but this is an upgrade. What headphones are you using?
Regards
Lukasz Feliks

4 Likes

Echo is also going to have quite a bit more low end but will feel lack it’s lacking detail overall compared to the Espressivo. I like both but I’d take the Espressivo over Echo in most cases (probably not on those hip hop tracks). (this is against the v1 of the Echo not the new one… haven’t heard that one).

@Deepy that’s kind of how I have mine setup now. The Echo is in my office and the Espressivo in my living room.

7 Likes

Any who has tube rolled and made the Echo more tubey? If that’s the word for it :yum:.

Was set on ordering an Elise, but I might as well tube roll first and see. Already ordered some 6dj8 tubes first to try.

2 Likes

I have some Reflektor tubes on the way, both driver and power tubes. I should have the power tubes here in a few days, but the driver tubes will probably take a week or more before they arrive.

2 Likes

I put a couple of Telefunken E88CCs in mine and it was pretty astounding. About 1/2 the cost of the amp though.

3 Likes

I am now running Reflektor 6N23P driver tubes and Foton 6N30P power tubes. This thing is now dead quiet. I mean it was quiet before, but it’s totally dead silent now.

The driver tubes made the biggest difference for clarity, details and bass definition. The power tubes made the sound a little bit cleaner and got rid of the last little noise. I was pretty happy with how silent it was before tube swapping, but apparently it could get even better.

I have been listening a lot to the Auteur on the Echo lately and it really gives heft to the sound and lets the Auteur show off the low end that it can deliver with its bio-cellulose driver.

12 Likes

I have this amp incoming tomorrow V2 excited to get some time with my second Feliks amp!

8 Likes

Nice! It will be interesting to hear how it compares to some of the other sub 1K alternatives from your previous live stream.

1 Like

I’ve been inspired by your recent stream on synergy. So I have been swapping back and forth between the Verite and Auteur on the Echo. I have to say that the Verite and Echo combo is not my prefered synergy, I almost feel that the Echo slows down the Verite too much. Then there is the tonal matching, the Verite is a bit darker to begin with and I find that it’s not the best match for the Echo in that regard.

The Auteur on the other hand, biocellulose driver and a more neutral tonality to begin with. Oh man, does it ever synergize with the Echo. This combo is why I’m keeping the Echo.

Edit: this is in regards to the Echo v1.

4 Likes

Nice, I’m most interesting in is how it stacks up to the Crack 1.1 Speedball. Haven’t soldered electronics in about 15 years, but the Crack is triggering my buying urge. :+1:

5 Likes