Focal Hadenys Measurements & Discussion

Yeah, here you go:

Keep in mind this personalized for myself, you may prefer less sub bass for example.

1 Like

Well, thank you. To be honest, I use a RME ADI-2 Dac which provides only 5 PEQ filters plus 2 shelf filters, one for bass, one for treble. Do you think your fine eq setting can be reduced or maybe simplified a bit? Any ideas? Thanks a lot again. :v:

Yup, you could remove the 100hz and 162hz filters for example. The main thing is adjusting the ear gain peak for the filters around 3.7khz

I got my Hadenys some days ago.
Fresh out of the box it sounded, well, strange. Muffled and bassy, and with an extreme volume mismatch between left and right channel, left was very much louder than right.
Focal recommends to burn in the headphone 24h at high volume. After doing this, the Hadenys sounds now more balanced, and after loading the eq setting from @Resolve the sound improves even more.
However, there is still a tiny channel mismatch, left is still a bit louder than right. So, I will return the Hadenys the next days.

Did anyone has the same issues like me with the Hadenys? Extreme channel mismatch left to right fresh out of the box? Or with any other headphone?

Sounds like there may be a seal issue between the pad and the baffle. Check to ensure the clips are all fully clipped in.

Ok, could be a reason. But I don’t have the Hadenys any longer, I returned it to the dealer. However, fresh out of the box the channel distribution le/ri was maybe 90/10. After burn in period more than 24 hours it was maybe 60/40. Strange to me in any case…:confused: