Headphones Battlestations

Not a “Battlestation” as such, and probably belongs more in this thread, but there’s more traffic on this one, so here it is. And this is a system “in transition”, mostly due to the arrival, and impact, of the SR1a:

The “same day from Amazon” shelf will be replaced with the Chord Ensemble stands for the DAVE, Blu Mk2 CD Transport/M-Scaler and Étude amplifiers, it’s just there until those show up.

The more observant of you may notice that there’s a Hugo M-Scaler in the picture too. Previously I was running that into the DAVE. I decided for this new stack that I wanted the Blu Mk2 instead, since it has the same M-Scaler capability but matches the Choral components in the stack. It also includes a CD transport that I’ll probably never use (I don’t buy CDs if I can help it anymore).

The Hugo M-Scaler will get moved to a new rig, driving a Hugo TT 2 and, maybe (if it’ll does a decent job with the SR1a) the TToby amplifier as well (so I can have the SR1a in two rigs).

When it’s done this will be on the left (only in black, and with two Études), and Woos on the right, and all the other crap, including the ugly shelf, will be gone!

Yes, I still have the RME ADI-2 DAC -> Phonitor X, but they’re not in my primary rig at this time as I wanted to avoid a pre-amp in the SR1a chain, DAVE has a decen solid-state headphone output, and the Woo WA234 MkII MONOs are always fed directly by the DAVE anyway.

10 Likes