Headphones Battlestations

I’d love to know where you got that rack. That’s the first one that I’ve seen that is fit for purpose for desktop equipment.

2 Likes

Amps and sound Pendant? I thought that was an ZMF exclusive. Different name plate…Sweet…

1 Like

Oh wow, what a beautiful setup and on such a beautiful room too. Very elegant.

1 Like

In all honesty i never even unpacked the factory supplied wall wart, i went straight to the ifi unit from day one and never did a comparison. I read the discussions for and against and decided to upgrade the power for ease of my own mind, nothing else. Sorry, i am no help there.

Amazon…

Sanus Audio Video Base Modular Furniture with a Contemporary European Flair - EFAB-B1

Sanus EFAS-B1 Euroa/V Shelf/10-95

This is one of a handful of pre-production units Justin built and tested/showcased before he and Zach finalized the ZMF deal. (As far as i have been able to learn)

6 Likes

All good, brother.

I probably would’ve done the same! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I got a set of Gaiia’s for my Bowers 703s and I cannot tell any difference whatsoever. I am going to return them and apply the $400 toward a future, unknown speaker upgrade

Sorry to hear about your experience with the Isoacoustics Gaia footers. Do you mind sharing a picture of your setup?

As I reported earlier, the Gaia 1s that I have, have been a substantial upgrade to my speaker rig, it tightened the bass, opened and cleared up the sound. I didn’t know that my speakers could sound this open.

There are plenty of A/B tests on YouTube showing a clear difference between having the footers vs not having them. I was sold after watching those videos and the difference was VERY noticeable on my system.

1 Like

I was able to clean things up a couple weeks ago and happy with how this came out. Need to get some additional lighting into my living room though:

And yesterday the Ether had to join the hanger under my desk with the TH900 to make room for my newest arrival on the left:

18 Likes

Love the keyboard! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That is a pretty sweet board… :wink: I’m typing on mine right now!!!

Just upgraded my desktop computer to a Lenovo Legion 5i.

The fans can get pretty loud, though it’s more of a whoosh than a whine. I would definitely recommend, especially at what best buy is selling it for at the moment.

17 Likes

WOW,

E5CE11A9-6DD7-4E97-9D62-62E611F000A9_4_5005_c

2 Likes

Can I play?

This is the past 3 years of headphone battlestations, various gear and configurations over that time.

I share this room with my kids (their gaming room vs. my office). I tend to move things around a lot. I work from home so moving it around occasionally keeps me from getting bored and allows me to adapt to what I’m trying to achieve at different stages.

The current rig …

The monitor configuration might seem a little odd, but it works very well for me. The one to the left is my main work monitor conected to the visible MBP, the overhead (connected to a under-desk mounted MBP) runs Roon and the righthand machine is gaming and non-work. The Naim DAC has a ton of inputs so I can run everything I need to through it.

22 Likes

Nice setup! I like your overhead strip light and monitor config!

2 Likes

Killer setups @zeroprivacy !

1 Like

The print with the red boat, who was the artist? It looks familiar to me. My first reaction was that it was a Monet but I dont think so as I look at it more. Sorry for not being audiophile enough and seeing the print. Nice setup.

1 Like

The piece is called Catching The Tide and the artist is Hettie Pittman.

You can see a better picture of the work here: CATCHING THE TIDE   -   shoreline gallery

We have a few of her pieces in a similar style.

3 Likes

Very nice setup!!! I need more monitors lol

3 Likes

You might consider getting a few more CDs! :grinning:

Jokes aside, nice setup!

1 Like

Yes, monitors are my weakness! You know, that and speakers, amps, headphones, computers. I clearly didn’t have enough toys as a child!

My midlife crisis has three letters beginning with Z, rather than something Italian, red and shiny. It’s the perfect stealth crisis because only those in the hobby know what they are - I can pass myself off as a perfectly well-adjusted frugal adult male.

I know … they’re everywhere - that’s just my main rack. I have boxes and racks in cupboards, under stairs, it’s a bit crazy. Eventually I’ll have a enough space to build a proper rack for them all in one place. They’re more treasured than my equipment so selling them is unlikely even though I have them all ripped.

3 Likes