Headphones Battlestations

IMG_20190419_184752

ECP Audio L-2 with CineMag output transformers added to the desk today.

15 Likes

You are much younger than I expected.

12 Likes

Hahahaha. Yeah, I’m 5. Not as old as my Sennheiser HD650s. :frowning:

5 Likes

Last battlestation pic for some time.

I’ve settled in with the RME ADI-2 DAC as the anchor to my system in 4 configurations.

Configuration 1: ECP Audio L-2 to Sennheiser HD650

Configuration 2: IEM out to Future Sonics MG5HX

Configuration 3: DAC to JBL Nano Patch to Kali Audio LP-6 and Polk Audio PSW10

Configuration 4: Guitar / Mic to Steinberg UR28M, ADI-2 DAC coax in, DAW to any of the above

10 Likes

How do you like the Kalis? I have a pair up in my guest room with my TV being fed by a SMSL SU-8.

They sound quite good. A little more hiss than I was hoping for, but they’re a great bang for the buck.

You’ll have to use your imagination on this one. Just imagine an Loxjie P20 next to a DAC (likely SMSL SU-8), next to a Burson Fun amp.

In the drawer will be extra opamps, extra tubes, at least one wrench and various cables.

Open the doors and you will find at least four sets of :headphones:.

According to Home Depot shipping is 3 to 16 days.:anguished:

Shane D

1 Like

Do you plan to wall mount the headphone hangers or use stands?

I will have the space to keep them in their cases. If I was real handy, I would put rods right through it for hanging.

I will have space on top to hold one or two active 'phones and at least four inside.

The surface is 20" X 28". The height is 29 ", which is pretty much perfect for my lazy boy.

Shane D

2 Likes

I came pretty close to the picture.:smiley:

Shane D

2 Likes

A more active pic.

Shane D

4 Likes

Well…the day after the movers take your usual battlestation belongings, you really get to work that “creativity” noodle. Since WalMart is right around the corner, I MacGuyver-ed myself this little setup with a $6 camping chair and leftover boxes.

I expect my Good Housekeeping “Design of the Year” award any day now…

8 Likes

Still a work in-progress as I shift all my gear out and new gear in. Still have a Massdrop THX-789 coming shortly to add to this maybe.

16 Likes

How are you liking the fireflies? I’ve wanted them for awhile, I recall they are actually fairly neutral at least the set I heard. How are they with the Verite?

1 Like

Compared to the RME, there is a noticeable softer presentation with the WA7 and added warmth. Width is about the same in the few records I’ve listened to. It seems the upper mids are more forward on the RME than the WA7, which adds to that softer presentation, as I call it.

2 Likes

Some additional thoughts, the IEM output on it is very muddy and messy at least with the couple IEMs I tried on it.

It does pair well with the Elex and HE560 giving them some of that added punchiness and smooth upper end. So, I do like it with my over-ears. Not so much for my IEMs, but since it’ll be used primarily at home, over-ears is the main attraction.

These get hot!

2 Likes

I am done for quite a while now. Not that I won’t be chasing unique headphones forever.

I have never bought more gear in a six month period! I have Really got to get a job. Idle hands may not be the devil’s tools, but MAN it gives you way too much time to look, read, plan and buy stuff!:smile:

Shane D

7 Likes

I might be getting rid of my Monoprice THX788… This does everything I need for a work setup! I also find it sounds better to me than the THX788… But I still need to a/b…

It is the Astell and Kern SR15…thread here: Astell&Kern (A&Norma) - SR15 - Digital Audio Player - Official Thread

5 Likes

That’s one of my favorite Lego sets! It took my son and I a full day to build. We were clowning around for a bit, but it’s definitely an awesome set. It’s in his kaiju (S.H Monsters) display case. I’ll post a pic when I get a chance.

1 Like

OOOH yes please do! I love me some toys!! lol I have figurines and legos everywhere lol I even have a 4’ ?" TNMT … my wife makes me keep it in the closet… Surrounded by my daughters clothes and diapers lol, but she bought it for me ha!

5 Likes