Headphones Battlestations

Ok, from left to right:

Got, want, want, wouldn’t mind, want, want, want, need, want…

:smiley:

4 Likes

Ive reached the end for me headphones wise gonna upgrade the Dac and amp and be done then move to speakers finally

12 Likes

Gotta love those Stax headphone stands. Yet another reason to hop on the Stax train… it’d be weird having just the stand hahah.

1 Like

I need more STAX. Later this year. Meanwhile please discuss yours.

well after listening to a few flagships back in 2017 I decided to try my luck with a pair of stax I purchased a Lambda Nova Signature in september of 2018 along side a SRM-006t and it was game changing it was much better than the other headphones that would have cost me 2-3 times the cost of what I managed to get my setup for. Earlier this year I decided to change the tubes in my 006t and do a recap. shortly afterwards I felt the need to try buy a 007mk1 since ive read that they have a similar sound to LCD-4 but actually have treble that being said I very much so prefer the 007 over the LCD-4 and my LNS over the HE1K I had tried. I think what I may do instead of Buying an aftermarket amp for my Stax I may just do the CCS mod for my amp to increase the output of the amp. That being said I’m done with upgrades for headphones themselves its probably just gonna be Gear memes from this point forward.

1 Like

There are a few places to discuss STAX, so I’m going to continue the discussion here

https://forum.headphone.com/t/stax-ltd/2149?u=pennstac

2 Likes

Quick snapshot of my vantage point from the recliner:

14 Likes

Sources: Bryston BDP-1, Sonore Microrendu, HiFiBerry DAC+
DAC: Benchmark DAC 3 HGC
AMP: AmpsandSound Kenzie Encore.
Powered Speakers: PSB Alpha PS-1

8 Likes

Great setup. Very pleasing to look at.

3 Likes

As is yours too. You guys have great setups.

3 Likes

Very nice! - A bigger chair and you’d be in heaven!

2 Likes

Are those the Vanatoo Transparent Zeros you have hooked up as your desktop speakers?

1 Like

They are indeed!

1 Like

Nice! I’ve had a pair hooked up to my TV for the last year and absolutely love them. They hit a lot harder than you would expect for their size and price point. We heard the Transparent One Encore at RMAF and I’m stoked to get my hands on a pair of those when they’re ready to ship to Canada.

Super impressive setups here. Bravo!

Here’s my humble battlestation. I work 100% remote from this spot. I’m relatively new to being an audiophile, and only about 4 months into headphone audio. Wish I would have gotten into this years ago, but here’s what I’ve currently got running.

13 Likes

Very nice indeed. I need to keep my audio apart from my work. There is no way that I could work while having high quality audio. This doesn’t stop me from wishing for some Magnepan 3.7i’s in my office. I just know better.

Yes, I know this is a headphone forum. I don’t care.
Also, I’m the boss. Nobody tells me I CAN’T have them in the office. I just want to be able to get work done. Perhaps that’s why I’m the boss.

Or it could just be age.

4 Likes

Very nice battlestation, and organized to boot. :grinning:

1 Like

Rearranged my listening area today. I think this setup may stay put for a bit.

13 Likes

You guys have such clean setups. Mine looks like I just unpacked… since the day I unpacked 2 years ago.

6 Likes

Yes that’s a really smart setup. You should be proud. Really nice.

2 Likes