Hifi Racks

These are very nice. Especially for the price.

I think my rack may be a little overkill for this thread, but this is what I use…

(please excuse the dust, I have been away for a few weeks and dust is public enemy #1 around these parts)

And here’s a night view (lights can be dimmed and changed, they don’t always need to be blinding :wink: )

9 Likes

The path to victory is so often looking outside the box to avoid the “audiophile product” tax. :grin:

I did something similar for my wedding, years back: we wanted to get married outdoors, but the first place I looked (which advertised wedding services) wanted a few thousand for an afternoon. Instead, I ended up renting out an entire group campsite for a whole weekend for $300 and change, lol. Not only had a venue for the ceremony, but reception was at the campsite, and people who wanted to party could crash right there.

Anyway, appreciate the ingenuity.

5 Likes

I am using VTI racks for my theater setup, which includes some really heavy stuff, lol. Went with these because of high weight rating and nice clean look without break-the-bank prices of a lot of audiophile furniture.
http://www.vtimanufacturing.com/product_category/audio-video-rack/

For context, Nautilus is like 72lbs. My power conditioner and surround amps are closer to 100lb/ea. So both individual shelves and overall rack integrity can handle quite a lot of weight for big stacks.

8 Likes

@orrman Love to come to your place for a listen. You have a lot of fun gear, me as well. Also using a Spring 3 KTE as my foundation. Bummer you’re not in the SF Bay Area.

I’m in 94061 so closer than you thought lol
Since that photo was taken I sold the Pontus and Iris but not a big loss compared to the Spring 3.

1 Like

I think those Monoprice racks are fantastic value for money. And you can break one 4-shelf rack into two 2-shelf racks if you want to have them on your desk instead of on the floor. The advantage of putting one on your desk is that you can then use the deskspace below the first shelf too.

I use a 2 shelf “partial” rack below my desk for power-related stuff, a 2 shelf “partial” rack on my desk for the majority of my electronics, and also a matching Monoprice amp stand for my Nautilus, which is too heavy for a rack.

10 Likes

Hmmm. Does Bellari make a Loki too?

1 Like

Yes, a 4 pot Godfather edition Loki.

3 Likes

Salamander Designs makes nice stands. Pretty versatile and can add additional shelves. They have a few wood options.

15 Likes

I saw Timber Nation mentioned earlier in the thread, which is the direction I went. They have tons of style and wood options available. The ordering process was pretty straightforward. It arrived flat packed and I assembled it easily. It’s super sturdy and looks good too. I’d give my vote of confidence to anyone thinking about going this direction for a rack.

12 Likes

Thanks😉

Sure I don’t want to pay too much, but for the right rack I would even pay the audiophile tax😂
But as you say, its not wrong to think outside the box and I am glad you had a nice wedding👌

1 Like

what a sweet, clean setup… well done!

3 Likes

Oh, look who celebrating cake day! :birthday: Cheers!

1 Like

Decided to get a large media/bookshelf with drawers for my iems and measuring gears and shelves for components

12 Likes

I really like those modular Salamandar Desgns hifi racks and had a thought stuck in my head that if you could make a mini one for medium size headphone amplifiers it would be awesome. After a few failed attempts myself I hired a woodworker to make one. He did such a great job, completely nailed the measurements and was super clever (the feet are door handles with their hardware welded to the bars).

@PaisleyUnderground By the way, I noticed those Maple Audio RCA switchers, do you like them? I was planning to get one that sits next to this rack so I can switch between my two amps.

13 Likes

Where’s this from? I need something exactly like that next to my desk…

1 Like

Tribesigns Bookcase Bookshelf, 4-Tier Modern File Cabinet with 2 Drawers, Lateral Filing Cabinet accommodate Legal/Letter / A4 Size for Home Office Organizer (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08G8B3MDC/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_N04CZNQN2DXAW03GMW6E?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

It’s also on their own site and overstock.com

2 Likes

I like them a lot. They were well built, I haven’t noticed any sound degradation, and the guy who built them was a pleasure to work with.

One of the reasons I bought from Mapletree was because I liked how the wood looked. If you just want a black box, Goldpoint make switches too.

BTW, I love your rack.

3 Likes

That one is nice, mine is more like @Rhodey but 3 shelves. According to the place a purchased it from those racks are for turntable setups. I felt like it’s kind of low, but it’s for balancing the turntable. Something along those lines, can’t recall word for word nor do I have TT

But whether you have or don’t have turntable it works out great. Use it in my living room holding 3 amps, it’s a sturdy little guy

2 Likes