Munich High-End 2019

Greetings from Munich!

What idiot would spend 24 hours on a plane so he could spend two days at Munich High-End? This idiot. However, with a 14-month-old at home, I actually feel lucky to be on this ridiculous trip.

It’s morning here and I’m getting ready to head to the show. I thought I’d start this thread as a place where we could share news and announcements as they roll in.

9 Likes

Thanks Andrew. Taking a hit for the team. :grin:. I bet there will be some great gear to peruse in Munich. Enjoy.

3 Likes

Ha! I know these feels…part I miss my family…part FREEDOM!!!

And sweet, sweet uninterrupted :sleeping: sleep

2 Likes

I should clarify that I feel lucky that my wife agreed to do it all on her own for a few days. Not lucky to be away from the little guy. Then again the freedom is great.

3 Likes

I knew what you meant more or less :grin: I’m looking forward to seeing what comes out of the Munich show!

2 Likes

Germans, mostly.

=P

Sorry, couldn’t help myself.

5 Likes

The day was completely packed. I’ll write another post with updates etc. after dinner. I thought I’d just post some pictures for now (because it’s easier)

6 Likes

That is some beautiful gear!! The Cayin and Auris stuff especially!

2 Likes

utopia grande… i want one.

Those Cayin players look nice!

4 Likes

@andrew looking forward to the next round of fun today, any standouts for you yet?

2 Likes

Ya maybe you checked out something interesting that I recommended checking out? cough Audeze LCD-GX cough

4 Likes

I like this… subtlety…:smirk:

1 Like

Or two …

2 Likes

i think those (Utopia speakers) cost nearly as much as my house when I bought it over a decade ago.

3 Likes

They are absolutely ridiculous. Somehow at RMAF Taron and I ended up watching the Khabib vs. McGregor fight with 4 grande utopias. The hilarious thing was that the fight was being shown on a 50 inch hotel TV.

3 Likes

By the way, I’m still working on my impressions. I came back from Germany with a nasty flu so I’ve been operating on low productivity mode for the past few days

3 Likes

Get well soon! Hopefully you don’t pass it along, nothing worse than an entire family sick at the same time!

Looking forward to your thoughts.

3 Likes

Hope you get better soon! You must have felt every punch and kick watching that fight with $500+K of speakers around you. :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks! I actually picked it up from my son before I left. My wife has managed to avoid it so far.

1 Like

The fight audio wasn’t that great, but I remember a movie preview coming on during the commercials. It blew everyone away.

2 Likes