Music that thrills you

The greatest rock album is “London Calling” by The Clash. If you disagree, we will fight. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

An example of a genre would be “Rock”

An example of a subgenre would be “Nu-Metal”, “Death Metal”, “Heavy Metal”, “Metal”, and many others! :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s probably in the top twenty, Boyo. Spanish Bombs is a great song, despite their vaguely mangled Spanish, I think Rudy failed as their Spanish teacher, probably couldn’t fire him because of the union. Guns of Brixton is great, but Clampdown…Harrisburg? I live 30 miles from Harrisburg ¶ and they don’t have enough cohesiveness to clampdown. They’re so much more lost in the supermarket types.

I do like the homage to the Elvis Presley album cover. My vinyl copy of London Calling gets played at least 3 or 4 times per year.

1 Like

Very interesting and open ended question. Echoing some earlier answers, I listen to everything: classical, Gregorian chant, jazz, Southern Rock, Beatles, trance, pop, … and whatever variants one can imagine. My aspiration is to never listen to anything twice. (I have failed to live up to that, repeatedly.) Somewhat more seriously, I think that the HPs and IEMs I have are tools for listening to new (to me) music. I want accurate reproduction, I may never listen again or quickly skip to the next track, but I want to hear (at least briefly) the craft the artist intended.

Fav: Allman Bros. Eat a Peach, it resonates even though I realize I haven’t listen to it in its entirety for a few years :).

2 Likes

Do you use Quboz or Roon @Headphone25?

This new non stop music function on Quboz, probably adopted from roon or I don’t know roon has it also. Very nice consistent genre you find a lot of new artists.

I enjoy a lot of movie soundtracks, I was with SiriusXM for a while and they had 70’s on 7[a channel] 70’s music pretty neat. I got rid of it[subscription] cause roon has 70’s on Dash radio is has a far larger collection. Available online too I believe without roon.

Found this new chick, new to me, Alice phoebe Lou, all her songs are great. Still haven’t heard anything god awful. Her style is I have no clue but I never heard music precisely like her style or approach.

But besides that it’s everything conventional, classic rock to you name it; everyone’s favorites. With Staind I’m only familiar with what the radio has played, considering I never listen to radio anymore

Really got super fond of Dire Straits, besides what I’ve heard on the radio I’ve never explored 99% of artists music and have discographies of all these bands has really opened doors. Also bands solo work.

*Also consider 95% of my music consumption is on speakers, not sure if the presentation is makes the song more appealing

2 Likes

No I mainly download files from (EDITED BY MOD) and then lisen to the I’ve downloaded! But sometimes I’ll use Spotify (I haven’t used it since I lost my password :slightly_frowning_face:)! I’ll also use Youtube/Youtube music!

1 Like

I listen to a lot of things, but gotta say that Power Metal is the style that i listen the most

A lot of everything but a lot more of contemporary classical (or “new music” as they used to call it), chamber music from Bach to Berio, jazz especially very current artists, jazz – vintage, often on vinyl reissues, some noise/electronic, all kinds of African music, gospel, folk, many sorts of guitarists … Loving solo guitar albums right now … kooky songwriters, not much pop or rock as such, but canonical stuff yes, really just all over the place.

2 Likes

So I’ve got my “acutely” favorite music of which I could describe as anything. But then there’s the music that I could probably listen to indefinitely, and that’s Deadmau5.

It’s not what I listen to all the time, but it’s what I’ve kept coming back to. Specifically the album “While (1<2)”

2 Likes

Heavy Metal is a genre all on its own; it’s not a sub-genre of rock and roll anymore IMO. It may have started out that way, but I think it stands on it’s own now. Just my $0.02.

To the OP’s original post, I like a handful of genres: rock and roll, heavy metal, synthwave, jazz, classical, new age and EDM. Favorite album, though? Wow…it’s too difficult for me to choose just one. :grinning:

I’ve heard one of their songs before (in a game, asphalt 8 airborne, BEFORE Gameloft changed the music in that game)! By the way, the name of the song was professional greffrs" (or however the hell it’s spelled).

All rock music but classic rock like Zeppelin, Hendrix, Yes, Jefferson Airplane and tons of other rock all the way up to current.

4 Likes

I’m not that much of a classic rock fan (though there are a few good songs)

Professional Griefers is a classic!
Love that song.

1 Like

I’d never take sides in a matter of musical taste, but if I were to ever break this rule (I won’t) @markvm would be effing right. I lived through the 60s and 70s and remember some of it.

1 Like

As I’ve gotten older my musical taste has expanded. So, I will listen, at least once, to almost everything. The only real exceptions I have are Blue Grass with anyone singing like Bill Monroe and any type of religiously oriented music. I will admit to liking a couple of songs from Seawind (Christian rock/pop) and have one of their LP’s. It’s the self-titled one.

When I say almost everything, I mean exactly that. Even the language in the music doesn’t matter. Brazilian (Portuguese), middle eastern (Arabic), Indian (Hindi), African (several languages) music and music from European countries get play time in my home. Although I listen to most everything my mainstays are jazz and classical.

2 Likes

Listen to Billy Strings or Greensky Bluegrass, and your opinion of bluegrass will change within 30 minutes – guaranteed.

Psych-grass, jam-grass, punk-grass – whatever anyone wants to call it – is just about the most exciting genre of music for me now. Maybe it’s because I’m new to it, but the sound and vibe are intoxicating.

1 Like

primarily I listen to Blues or Blues rock, lots of classical (Dinosaur) rock. Jazz, Classical, world music.
basically anything but rap. I just can’t get into it, it’s too repetitive it all sounds the same to me. I do like some
early DC hip hop though.
lately I’ve been picking up a lot of live recordings, some bootlegs at Guitars101.com great site if you’re into that kind of thing. The selection is quite broad spans most genres of popular music.

1 Like

As the page you linked in your post is of questionable legality, I have removed the link from your post.

Please do not post anything that may infringe on copyright laws.

1 Like

Ok, understood! It won’t happen again!

1 Like