New Here? This Is The Spot To Introduce Yourself

Much appreciated and indeed I have enjoyed your videos so thanks for that as well.

1 Like

Appreciate the welcome guys! Glad to be here.

I thought I may introduce myself: I’m a high school student and I’ve been into audio for a few years now but I’ve really just stepped into “hifi” within the last 2. I’ve always been into electronics so it’s nice to see a lot of my knowledge transfers over. I started with some old Yamaha bookshelf speakers I found in the garbage and a stereo amp that was given to me, then I soon moved into some higher end speakers and got my first “real” set of headphones this past Black Friday, the Denon D5200. I’m currently paring those with the Asgard and 4490 Dac and they sound fantastic. I’m hoping to upgrade sometime soon but getting something better then then the Denons while being closed back means spending a ton more, so we’ll see. Winning the gift card giveaway will help tremendously towards that goal haha.Thanks everyone for reading my introduction :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Hi. Noticed when browsing it was a introduction thread.

Plumber from Norway building houses, been into headphones since late 90s starting with Koss Porta Pro and some DT 880. Wife is sound sensitive, so headphones is a good thing since I can have my music listening.

Currently having Beyerdynamic DT 880, Beyerdynamic T1 G2, Audeze LCD2C, Sony MDR-Z7M2, Mr Speakers Mad Dog 3.2 and some smaller cans and iems. For Amps and DAC I have Questyle Cma400i, Parasound Zdac v.2, Feliks Echo, Xduoo Xd05 Plus.

Waiting for my Zmf Aeolus to arrive, but is going to take a while.

So again hello all, this looks like a good community.

9 Likes

Welcome. Great collection. Enjoy

5 Likes

Hello and welcome @Header and @SinisterCollector.

6 Likes

Thank you for welcome! I got into this hobby from getting into the pro scene for the PC game, Counter-Strike 1.6, back in the early 2000s. I was looking into headphones that would give me an edge in hearing other player’s footsteps and I stumbled upon the head-fi.org forums. My first pair of high-end headphones were the Sennheiser HD590s, which recently died and were falling apart a couple years ago. When I realized I was hearing more details in the game than my friends (footsteps, gun reloads, etc) I started to get more interested into the high end audio scene. I’ve been around for a long time but I still consider myself more of a headphone enthusiast than an audiophile because I gravitate more to the neutral headphones that have a bit of fun in them (TH-900s for example) than the straight neutral ones. When my kids were born, I took a break from the headphone communities and gotten into superhero statue collecting. After my Mancave was completed, I started getting back into heaphones. I hope everyone is doing well and look forward to chatting with you! Sorry Andrew (Resolve) but I don’t believe in EQ’ing headphones because I feel if I have to alter the sound of headphone to enjoy it then it’s not a keeper (just a difference of opinion). Some of my current gear:

Headphones: TH-900, HE-6SE, Z1R, Klipsch HP-3, Clear, Radiance, Stellia, HD700, HD800S, Shure 1540, HD599, Elegia, B&O H6, DT880 (600 ohm).
Amps: Headamp GS-X Mini, Auralic Taurus mk2
DAC: Schiit Gungnir w/ Wyrd
DAP: Fiio M15

13 Likes

Thanks for the welcome and looking forward to learning from everyone here! Also, keep up the good work with your reviews :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

My man!! :sunglasses::smirk: no EQ gang growing :face_with_monocle:

9 Likes

Tube rolling counts as EQing? Asking for a friend :grin:

7 Likes

Hello! Recently purchased the Focal Arche and Clear. I’m not getting sound. The firmware, driver, updates from my Windows 10 to Arche won’t install. I currently have firmware Version 01.01.08 showing on the Arche display. Can anyone please help me get sound? Thanks :pray:

2 Likes

Ask your question here:

More likely to get answered in that thread.

Cheers and welcome

2 Likes

hell yea dude! :fist_right: :fist_left: :beers:

2 Likes

Wow. First time I ever joined a gang! :wink:

3 Likes

Lol… just some fun humor :wink: I’m not a big EQ guy… but, for those that do like it, that is perfectly acceptable as well =)

2 Likes

20 characters of heresy! :wink:

2 Likes

Nice collection: We share four - HE6se, Clear, Elegia, HD800S. Used to have HD700. Also have a first run GSX-mini in Satin Grey.

3 Likes

Hello and welcome @RobbW and @Dave-Lynda.

3 Likes

Right on! :fist_right: :fist_left:

3 Likes

Hello and welcome @Chiliminator.

2 Likes

welcome-sunglasses-smiley-emoticon to this weeks new members, Enjoy !

2 Likes