New Here? This Is The Spot To Introduce Yourself

Hi @Mick , welcome to the forum!

Not dumb for asking this, as a lot of people ask that question. Brand new members aren’t able to create new threads. This policy encourages them to look for an existing thread for their question or comment, which centralizes the information in one place.

If you have a question, try one of these:.
General Purchase Advice
IEMs General Discussion

Otherwise, you can use the search function for a specific keyword, and you’ll probably find another thread that works for you.

Edit: I see that you already found the General Purchase Advice thread. :grinning:

10 Likes

Hello and welcome @Mick.

5 Likes

welcome to the community

@TCAS , @doobedy , @Heyoka, @poyah517 , @Mick and all the others before

have a good time!

6 Likes

Hi! Thank you very much for the welcome! I am 33 years old and I am from Mallorca, I hope I can spend a lot of time here learning from you and that you can learn something from me!

7 Likes

Aren’t all Mallorcans born with pearls of wisdom?

From what I’ve seen in my work locker room, yeah, we are all born with pearls. If they are wisdom or not, I don’t know :grin:

2 Likes

Hello and welcome @Tommaso_Turek and @jayanta2009.

2 Likes

Hello all, my name is Mike! I’ve been in the headphone/Dac/Amp hobby for 4-5 years (though I have much to learn) and currently own a couple different things :sweat_smile: I just wanted to share what I have bought (and still own):

Headphones from first to latest: HD 6XX > HD 800 S > Ether CX > LCDX 2020 > ZMF Aeolus

Amplifiers from first to latest: Schiit Jotunheim 1 > Dark Voice 336se > THX 789 > Schiit Mjolnir 2

DAC’s from first to latest: Schiit Jotunheim 1 internal DAC > Aune X8 Magic DAC

My favorite chain right now is the Aeolus > Mjolnir 2 > Aune X8

I’m not sure if its acceptable to share all this here, so if It’s out of place let me know. :laughing:
I just got my Aeolus today and I plan on sharing my thoughts on it sometime soon. Hint: My new baby :smiley:

11 Likes

Welcome Mik37!
That is quite the collection for someone that has only started 5 years ago. I look forward to reading about your gear.
I belong to quite a few forums but this one has become my favorite. I hope you enjoy the forum as much as I have.

7 Likes

Hello and welcome @Mike37 and @skewed.

4 Likes

Hello and welcome @shouty and @iNUNi.

3 Likes

welcome-sunglasses-smiley-emoticon to this weeks new members, Enjoy !

3 Likes

Hey All

I’m Brad, live in Florida and looking forward to being part of this headphone community. I just ordered my first set of high end headphones, Focal Clear, and eager to share my experience while tapping into the forums wealth of knowledge. I’m new to high end HP gear so I’m sure I’ll have numerous questions for the folks here.

When the Clears come in I will be listening on a Parasound Halo Integrated 2:1 amp which is part of a surround sound system in my living room. The Parasound has a built-in HP amp so this will be my first time using it with quality headphones. Will spend a few weeks of listening and then join into the Focal Clear thread to discuss my thoughts, and most likely asking for some guidance. Can’t wait to receive them and get started…Brad

11 Likes

Hi Brad,
Welcome to the forum!
That is one heck of a start. I don’t own any headphone that high end yet. Many have talked about Focal headphones. I hope one day to listen to some Focals.

3 Likes

Welcome to new members. Enjoy.

2 Likes

Hello and welcome @fishcandy and @huntca.

4 Likes

Welcome to all this weeks new members.

1 Like

Happy Cake Day @prfallon69!!!

3 Likes

Wishing you a very happy cake day!

1 Like

Welcome @fishcandy

I’d suggest something like this. That light grey headband soils pretty noticeably.

4 Likes