New Here? This Is The Spot To Introduce Yourself

Yes, I’ll second the importance of getting the cover for the headband. It’ll help preserve as much of the potential re-sale value as possible.

If you like the sound @fishcandy you might also want to snag a pair of the replacement pads. It’s not clear how long they’ll continue to be made, and you might want a replacement pair to have for the future. Most retailers sell them for $190-200 so it’s a good idea to make the most of the $99 price offered right now by headphonesdotcom here: Focal Perforated Microfibre Clear Ear Pads (Pair)

5 Likes

Hi,

My name is Thomas and this is me in a nutshell:

After a ~20 year hiatus I got sucked back into the audiophile hobby again. I needed an open back headphone for video calling and the Jotunheim on my desk had a forlorn looking balanced output, what could possibly go wrong? Don’t ask me whether I prefer the ADI-2 over the Composer, I have not done any serious comparison yet. The ADI-2 is a lot of fun though. It was supposed to go on my desk … I may or may not own a Clear Pro as well simply because I needed to hear the difference myself. I am not yet ready to admit to that particular bit of insanity.

12 Likes

Gentlemen, thanks for the tip. Just ordered the headband and an 1/8"x1/4" adapter for HP connection to my Parasound amp. Headphones are arriving Tuesday along with the Amazon purchase!

4 Likes

Hello and welcome @notsoclear. That’s a fine stack of gear you have there. Enjoy.

4 Likes

Hello and welcome @notsoclear and @Sid.

4 Likes

Hey guys, I am Siddharth from India.

Have been into this hobby for a few years now (I am in my mid 20s). Recently I got The HEDDphone which I used with my RME ADI-2 DAC FS, but wanted to drive them in balanced mode, so I just ordered RME ADI-2 PRO FS R BE today :smiley:

The discussion on this forum made me decide to go with ADI-2 Pro (vs. getting external amplifier with ADI-2 DAC, it is the reason I joined the forum today), so I am really grateful to the members who contributed to the discussion and cleared up my confusions.

13 Likes

I quite like the ADI-2 DAC - I like the sound better than the Hugo 2 I used to have…

4 Likes

Hello and welcome @Willi and @ICANTWAITFORZOMBIES.

4 Likes

Thank you for your welcome @prfallon69 !!

2 Likes

Hello all,

My name is Jay! I’ve been in this hobby for a little more than 6 years now.

I would like to share some of the gears I had over the years.

Full Size Headphones : Sennheiser Momentum, Fostex TH 900 MK2, Focal Stellia
DAC Amp : Focal Arche, Dragonfly Cobalt
iems : Shure SE535, Shure SE 846, Campfire Andromeda 2020, Solaris Special Edition

Now I only own the 64 Audio U12t which I bought from headphones.com last February, unfortunately which got defective last month and I had to send for repair to 64 Audio. To my surprise they send me a brand new iem instead of repairing.

Now I’m planning to get the Sony ier-z1r along with the zx-507 walkman.

Once I get it I’ll share the experience :grinning:

My most favorite reviewer is Andrew (resolve review). I trust his opinion and find his reviews most accurate.

Thanks,
-Jay

12 Likes

@prfallon69 thanks for the warm welcome. Happy to be here!

5 Likes

Hello and welcome @funky_ape.

2 Likes

A very warm (95°F) welcome to all those who have joined this great forum since my last post in this thread!

7 Likes

Thank you @prfallon69.

My name is Marius and I am from Oslo, Norway. Im a geologist and work mostly in the area of ​​contaminated soil and alum shale.

I have been interested in speakers, music and sound since I was a little boy. Collected on vinyl for several years, until I had children (three girls). Listening to music has become an activity or hobby that has moved from the living room to a corner of the bedroom. Here I have also had some of the greatest music experiences of my entire life. One of the things that appeals most to me is when the music sounds real, and takes me either to a concert, or in the studio.
Jazz, electronic, r&b and hip hop is my go to genre.

Equipment: Meze Empyrean and Chord Hugo TT2 with external power supply (Sbooster BOTW MKII 15V)
Source: Macbook Pro - Qobuz - roon.

Happy to have a place where I can meet people with similar hobby and interests!

14 Likes

Hello and welcome @BudKine.

5 Likes

Hello and welcome @Noob1138.

5 Likes

welcome-sunglasses-smiley-emoticon to this weeks new members, enjoy !

4 Likes

a friendly welcome to the community - to last weeks new members!

3 Likes

Hello. I’m Jeff. I have enjoyed following the forum. I’ve learned so much from the reviews and comments that I probably shouldn’t consider myself a noob anymore. I purchased the Focal Celestee and Clear bundle from Headphones.com after realizing that I had more DACs than headphones (I like plugging in stuff). I enjoy mostly new music. I’m a sometime pianist, and former President of my HS band, playing all the Bass parts with various horns. Does that make me a Basshead? Maybe :thinking:. Well, I’m looking forward to receiving my Focals. I’ll let you know my impressions. Thanks to everyone at Headphones.com. Bye for now.

Jeff Welna

8 Likes

Hello and welcome @Danton.

2 Likes