New Here? This Is The Spot To Introduce Yourself

Hello and welcome @tedacura1, @shamburg, @Geeez_Luis26, @Digitalcrack_s_Plus and @gonintendo.

6 Likes

Welcome to all new members. Enjoy.

1 Like

Hello and welcome @alavar.

3 Likes

Thanks’ It’s good to be in contact with people who know something about headphones. I have limited experience myself.

3 Likes

Hello, I just joined the forum today for the main purpose of getting some purchase advice but I must reach Level 2 in order to post there so I’m trying to attain that level of trust. Not sure how all of this works but anyway… I live in San Francisco, I’m a music lover and collector since 1969, an audiophile since 2018. My current headphones are Focal Clear and Oppo PM3, the former I got for home use and the latter for use with my Astell& Kern player on the go.

8 Likes

Hi Ferrara and welcome!

You can post your questions for advice here:

3 Likes

Thanks, I have earned “basic” but not yet Level 2 so cannot post in that forum. No worries, I’ll get my creds and post there eventually, thanks for the welcome.

3 Likes

Hello and welcome @Ferrara and @PWB.

4 Likes

I live in San Francisco too - right downtown near Union Square!

Hello and welcome @Puroplatino.

3 Likes

Hello and welcome @Punkinela, @mscott89, @Rolfgang, @gevio_6 and @Emmett44.

4 Likes

Good Morning Paul,

Thanks a lot for the warm welcome!

Kind Regards,

Georgios

5 Likes

Thank you Georgios it’s a pleasure. I hope that you enjoy the forum and get to know everyone. Take care.

1 Like

Hello and welcome @atom_tom.

2 Likes

Hello and welcome @Bookbear.

2 Likes

welcome-sunglasses-smiley-emoticon to this weeks newest members, enjoy !

2 Likes

Thanks for the welcome!

I’ve listened to music all my life, and got into hi fi in college. Amps, turntables, and speakers were my windows into music, but things changed as I aged. I’m now retired, fixed income, limited space, so headphones were an obvious choice for me. I listen across the spectrum of genres, everything from big bands, oldies, 60’s, 70’s, 80’s pop and rock, to classical (all periods), to most recently exploring Celtic punk.
My current set up is modest, HiFiMan Ananda and Shure SH1540, both with balanced cables, fed by iBasso DX150 with the AMP8 module. I’ve ripped all my music collection to FLAC files, and have purchased a good number of hi res digital files to fill in gaps. There are still a few MP3’s in the collection.
I am enjoying exploring the variety that the Headphone Community site has to offer!
Best regards,
Mark

7 Likes

Hello and welcome @Raymund_Catli, @Pigmarine9000 and @bruceywayney.

5 Likes

That last name sounds a little BatyMany

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome. Here is my current system. Hoping to add more stuff next year :smiley:

12 Likes