New Here? This Is The Spot To Introduce Yourself

thank you @prfallon69 !
My name is Alessandro, I am 45 years old, based in Milan, Italy.
Hi Fi enthusiast but not a pure audiophile. I started my headphone journey a few years back with a Beats Solo HD… I know. :slight_smile:
BeyerDynamc DT880 are the headphones that hook me into the head-fi world, paired with a Lake People G100W. From there, I have made many changes, upgrades, “sidegrades” and now I am listening on 2 different setups in different rooms:
Studio/Home office : USB Bridge signature into Violectric DHA 380 (my favorite)
Living Room: Auralic Aries into 2 different DACs .

1. Heed Obelisk DA - Unbalanced

2. Gustard X 16 - Balanced

Both Dacs are feeding an SMSL SP400

My current headphones are:

• Focal Clear
  • Focal Elegia
  • ZMF Eikon
  • Audeze LCD X 2021
  • DCA Aeon Flow 1 (but I don’t like them…)

I am glad to be here !

9 Likes

Hello!
New to the audiophile world and taking the leap down the rabbit hole!
Want to start off with decent quality, but simple. Will need some direction and advice from everyone!

7 Likes

Welcome @aleniola. It’s great to have you here. You will fit in great. Everyone is welcome here be they Expert or Beginners alike.

4 Likes

Welcome @C1gar1 we all require help and guidance at some point. I’m sure everyone will chip in if they are able to assist you at all.

5 Likes

Hello and welcome @chrismoyer, @Prabin_Paudel, @Ezee, @triggsviola, @AKC2000, @John_S and @safebelayer.

3 Likes

Thank you!!! Im sure I’ll have many questions

3 Likes

Hello and welcome @Hemini.

2 Likes

Thanks!!!

Southern US -

Current Headphones: HD800 (SDR Mod), Focal Elegia (Dekoni Sheepskin pads), balanced Modhouse Argon MK3, Hifiman He6se, and a pair of OG granite HD600.

Former Headphones: Beyerdynamic T1 Gen1, HD6xx, and Neumann NDH20.

Current IEMS: Tin T2 Pro, Moondrop Starfield, and Apple airpod pros.

Current Source/gear: Custom Gaming PC, Hiby R3 Pro Sabre, OG apple iPod 5th gen (still with my college music on it), Topping D30 pro, Massdrop THX 789, Darkvoice OTL tube amp, Xduoo Xfinity-05 plus, and vintage Carver stereo amp with the best headphone amp fed from the speaker amp circuit and two beautiful VU meters.

Always been into music… with speakers being my main Avenue. Got into headphones after chasing the best for gaming… found Z Reviews, learned he had bad ears, discovered the rest of the world as many of us have. I use EQ, mostly others with small tweaks.

I am in search of a closed back to replace my argons and elegias. Close to pulling the trigger on the DCA Noire or LCD-XC.

9 Likes

welcome-sunglasses-smiley-emoticon to this weeks newest members, Enjoy !

2 Likes

Thank you. Been a long time viewer of the headphone show yt channel. not too much into watch reading blog posts and commenting in forums tho so late in this game :sweat_smile:
I am from Nepal. Hope I find some fellow Nepali audiophiles in this forum as well.
I’m 25 and a student and a part time lecturer
My hobby as an audiophile began with a kph30i that was gifted to me. but being a audiophile as an music lover began when I was a kid obviously.
Since then I have bought tinhifi p1, ifi hip dac and recently got he400se (really wanted sundara but couldn’t stretch bugdet)
And had won one kbear lark iem in a giveaway.
I wish to somehow be able to demo multiple gears and have a lot of reference and experience in this hobby which is hard because of terrible shipping charge and other tarrifs which increase cost by upto 2.5 folds.
hoping to have a wonderful time

Love,
PRABIN

10 Likes

Hello and welcome @Hemini.

2 Likes

Welcome to all new members. Enjoy.

1 Like

Hello and welcome @tranqfx, @hateyousowhatSMILE and @Vanheim.

3 Likes

Welcome to all this weeks new members.

2 Likes

Hello and welcome @Ksaurav402, @Johnathan_Wogerman and @Jonathan.

6 Likes

Thank you, it is a pleasure to be here.

6 Likes

Hello and welcome @Kieo_Luveio and @Perdido34.

4 Likes

Newbie Senior David here. I’m totally confused about wireless headphones,ear buds etc and also blue tooth. I have a W10 desktop computer and thinking about buying an MP3 player. I’m hoping this forum will be of help to a non tech senior! Tks, David N.

8 Likes

Hi Newbie Senior David. I thought I was the senior David on here. But all of us seniors are confused about things without wires. Blue tooth? Maybe a gold tooth, or a porcelain crown. Desktop computer? I still have a slide rule and an abacus. I’ll be toddling off now. Welcome.

4 Likes

Hello and welcome @dnavratil, @Drewligarchy and @tecal4.

2 Likes