New Here? This Is The Spot To Introduce Yourself

I’m a big iem fan and there are a lot of us around here. Glad to have you along.

1 Like

Hello and welcome @Bryan_Edward.

2 Likes

Hello and welcome @HeadphoneHabit and @Richard_Mayston.

3 Likes

welcome-sunglasses-smiley-emoticon to this weeks new members

Hello and welcome @Ron_Cagenello.

2 Likes

Hello and welcome @Hifi_Boog and @MagicSwordKing.

3 Likes

Hello and welcome @ansel1, @Shelly40 and @ShoobyDooby.

3 Likes

Hello! I’ve been in this hobby for about 9 months now, starting with the Sony MDR-M1ST closed-back monitor headphone. Now, after selling that, I have acquired the AKG K371, Focal Bathys, and Sennheiser HD800 (SDR-modded for those wondering). I also have a pair of Kali LP-6 V2 studio monitor speakers. I am still lacking a little in the source department though; with me only having a Qudelix 5K and a Motu M2 interface. I plan on purchasing a Schiit x Nitsch Magni Piety amp once it releases, however, and using my Motu M2 interface as a DAC for it. Absolutely loving my current gear though! Every single one of my headphones, as well as my speakers, still makes me feel like I’m listening to them for the first time all over again every day. I experience total immersion on the Bathys and HD800 in particular; with there being no barrier between me and the music itself. It’s just me and the music.

Really looking forward to being a part of this community! :two_hearts:

8 Likes

Welcome in! You’re named after my favorite childhood cartoon so had to drop a like lol. I hope to hear more about your take on the Bathys in its respective thread once you’ve made yourself comfortable!

1 Like

Hi ShoobyDoo, Glad to have you join the community. There are some really great people here and it is jam packed with very knowledgeable people who are always ready to help. All you need do is ask. Enjoy the journey. You have some great gear.

4 Likes

Hello, I’m probably not going to post too much as I’ve always been more of a chatroom/discord person but I may as well introduce myself.

I’ve been in the hobby for a couple of years now, I grew up with an audiophile for a father so I come by it honestly. His interests were mostly speakers, vinyl, vintage amps and turntables, that sort of thing. I enjoy all that stuff, but I do not have anywhere near the sort of space I would want to house a decent stereo system, so headphones and IEMs are my game for the time being.

In my office I have a standard surround sound system, nothing special, some old logitech THX passive speakers for satellites and a bog standard subwoofer. The Logitechs are pretty good, actually, they’re from that early/mid 2000s era when they actually cared and made some decent audio stuff. Most importantly they’re small.

For headphones I run a Magnius/Modius stack in my office, everywhere else it’s either apple dongle or Qudelix 5K. For headphones I swap between Argon Mk. 3s, HD 6XX, Ananda, Koss ESP/95X, and Focal Elegia (with EQ). There’s a pair of Rode NTH-100s here, too, but I’m trying to sell those along so I don’t really count them. I try not to keep more than one of each “genre” of headphone on hand at any given time, just for the sake of my rather limited budget and sanity. I have a bunch of IEMs kicking around, though. Blessing 2, Hook-X, IE 300, Truthear Zero, Dioko (though I’m probably going to sell them), Etymotic ER3SE, Chu, some terrible Shures that I only have because I got them cheap with a set of nice bluetooth earhooks, and my ancient Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5 Pros from when I was in high school and got my very first iPod. Oh, also the first gen Airpod Pros, though they’re really just what I use to listen to podcasts on when I’m building a model or something.

In any case, thanks for the welcome, good to be here!

8 Likes

Hello and welcome @blorg.

5 Likes

Hello and welcome @MrFinerThings.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum, all! Happy t o have you here.

3 Likes

Thank you for the kind welcome Paul. Happy to join this wonderful community.

4 Likes

Youre welcome. It great to see more people join.

2 Likes

Hello and welcome @Thester, @Ebin and @Monty_Kosma.

5 Likes

Welcome everyone! Happy to have you all here!

2 Likes

Hello and welcome @codyghind.

3 Likes

welcome-sunglasses-smiley-emoticon to this weeks new members

2 Likes