New Here? This Is The Spot To Introduce Yourself

thank you!

I am not happy with the build but liked the sound of the Ananda
will try to get my hands on the Sendy Aiva and others before I buy something in a few months

The SU-8 has a bunch of sound coloring options built-in.

1 Like

anything special you like?
maybe rich 1,2,3 or the crystal ones?
with what amp and for which headphone and what kind of music?

Donā€™t expect much out of the filters. In my opinion, they donā€™t do enough to even be available options. I also leave the PCM filter on fast linear.

1 Like

Hi MartinTransporter,

I think you made a safer choice with the Elegia than with the Ananda. While the Ananda has this huge Hifiman soundstage. it has a sharp treble peak that can be painful for certain music (and of is not as dynamic and fast as the Elegia). The Elegia has its own issue with the treble: not flat, some treble areas are subdued, though not as much as with Audeze headphones , but this is much safer for me than the Anandaā€™s treble peak. Hopefully Hifiman will flatten that peak with the Bluetooth version of the Ananda, which they should bring out in the future.
(I personally didnā€™t buy the Ananda because of such issues, but bought an Arya = great headphone, better for me than the Ananda).

2 Likes

Vancouver BC guy. Love this hobby way too much. Spend too much money says my wife. Happy to be a part of this community.

5 Likes

I have seen the BT Ananda at munich high end in may, but did not try it because of loud surroundings. Would not make any sense.
From what I read about the Arya it could be the right one for me knowing the Ananda. @Resolve/Andrew did a very good review and comparison
Itā€™s not my budget at the moment but a year ago, I would not have spent the money for my DT1990/660s/ifi xDSD/THX 789/Elegia
We will see :slight_smile:

3 Likes

welcome @dRnRcR
My wife getā€™s new shoes or a new iphone, etc every time I buy new toys(and she realises it), what makes it double the cost

2 Likes

Welcome! A few of us are from Vancouver here so itā€™s good to see more.

2 Likes

Thx everyone. @Resolve dig your reviews btw.

4 Likes

Welcome to the community ! Good little setup you have there ! Hope youā€™ll enjoy your stay :slight_smile:

Hi antdroid :wave:,

I valued very much your contributions at another placeā€¦ so when I saw you were active here, this was one additional strong reason to join here :smiley:

5 Likes

I know that drill. And while she asks how many ears I have (since I donā€™t, apparently, listen well) I have gotten some curt replies to the ā€œHow many feet do you have?ā€ response.

4 Likes

For me itā€™s ā€œhow many heads do you have?ā€ (sheā€™s into hats)

7 Likes

I get this all the time from the ā€œotherā€ and friends and family :wink: runs crying to audio room, slams door all while screaming ā€œyou donā€™t understand me!!ā€

Lol

Alsoā€¦

7 Likes

common dialog between me and herā€¦

3 Likes

My wifeā€™s response to the appearance of new cans is usually, ā€œIt looks like your headphones have been breeding again.ā€

When the most recent tube amp showed up it was, ā€œEdison drop by today?ā€

If she ever changes ā€œEdisonā€ to ā€œFlemingā€ I shall know the jig is up ā€¦

7 Likes

Thought I should introduce myself hereā€¦

Iā€™m Rafael, Iā€™m 36 and live in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

Iā€™m quite new to hi fi. My first DAP was a Hidizs AP60 II, which is now relegated to the girlfriend (yes, I am not married haha) due to my recent purchase of a HiBy R6 (which Iā€™m liking a lot). I donā€™t have any desktop gear yet, still researching whatā€™s available at my budget and would make sense to purchase.

As for headphones and IEMs, Iā€™ve only got chinese stuff as well, since importing from the US costs A LOT more, not only in shipping fees but the dreaded import fee as well (60% if you get taxed!!!).

Headphones Iā€™ve owned an AiAiAi TMA-2 (given to my little bro when the headband broke), an OneOdio Studio Pro (given to my gf) and currently a Blon Bosshifi B8 which I chose over the Takstar Pro 82 from mostly reading Head-Fi reviews. I havenā€™t tried the Takstar, but Iā€™m liking the B8 a lot after switching stock pads for some Misodiko ovals.

Now, about IEMs, my first good pair was a 1MORE Triple Driver, which I sold only because of the lack of a detachable cable, a BGVP SGZ-DN1 (entry tier BGVP which I did not like, very muffled sounding and gave to the gf), a KZ ZS6 (which the gf is trying out) and the one Iā€™m currently using, a Tin HiFi T2.

I listen to classical, all sub-genres of rock and some jazz, blues and industrial.

For my next purchases Iā€™m leaning towards a Hifiman Sundara and a Topping A30 amp or DX3 Pro DAC/Amp.

Sorry for the wall of text :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Bem vinda. Hope you enjoy it here. Even though in the US we think that Orville Wright, and not Santos Dumont was the pioneer aviator.

2 Likes

Thanks, bro! And itā€™s actually ā€œbem vindoā€, with an O for guys :stuck_out_tongue:

Haha, well, the Wright brothers were definitely the first aviators. But Santos Dumont built the first plane to actually take flight off of the ground, instead of using hills like your guys. Thatā€™s how I see it, anyway.

3 Likes