RNHP [& Fidelice] Headphone Amplifier

I’ve been impressed with the original RHNP Headphone Amp for quite some time now actually and what I’ve started to appreciate about it is a slight weight and immediacy it brings while still being quite clean.

Tech Specs

Maximum Input Levels
“A” XLR I/P: +22.8 dBu @1kHz
“B” RCA I/P: +14.7dBu @1kHz,
“C” 3.5mm I/P: +3.3dBu @1kHz

Output Power:
As measured with typical headphones, Z=44 Ω: 3.617 VAC RMS @1kHz = 300mW RMS
16 Ω typical Load: 1.933 VAC RMS @1kHz = 230mW RMS
150 Ω typical Load: 5.108 VAC RMS @1kHz = 175mW RMS

Output Impedance
.08 Ω @ 1KHz, 16-150 Ω load, 0dBu input

Frequency Response
+/- .2dB from 10Hz to 120KHz

Noise
Measured with typical headphones, Z=44 Ω, BW 22Hz – 22kHz
“A” XLR Input: -101.9dBV,
“B” RCA Input: -100.9dBV
“C” 3.5mm Input: -88.8dBV

Dimensions
6.5” wide x 4.6” deep and 1.9” tall

Specs for the Fidelice unit don’t seem to be any different, I may be wrong but it would appear possibly an additional or updated finish has been added and it may be tuned more specifically to be fed/matched with the new Fidelice Dac. Either way let’s have a thread for both the RNHP Headphone Amps!

1 Like

I received my Rupert Neve Designs RNHP back in February/March and I was so impressed by it.

Through circumstances I ended up with two units, one in my leisure listening area, and one at my computer. After finding out of the Fidelice announcement, I was still within my return window and sent the second unit back.
The RNDAC is out of reach ($4995), though if I could I’d pick one up in a heartbeat. I’m undecided on whether or not to purchase the Fidelice RNHP ($1200). If it does indeed have the same specs as the Rupert Neve Designs RNHP (Pro model), I couldn’t justify paying more than double for a re-cased unit (as pretty as it is).
The SPL Phonitor XE ($1999) https://www.headphones.com/products/spl-phonitor-xe-headphone-amplifier is looking to be a more viable option.

3 Likes

Well I’m only going by the specs I saw on the website, hopefully either an official update will come out or a review!

1 Like