Schiit Audio - Official Thread

My most recent combo was magni 3/mimby v2. I had all modi variations (even mimby v1). My most expensive amp was the Mjolnir. My most expensive dac was the A1 gumby. I blind bought and sold Schiit gears in order to keep the best. I like the Schiit aesthetic look and I always think they have affordable prices and reputation. I am asking for my curiosity only. After COVID goes away, i will try to go to audio stores (in another city) to try other brands entry level audio gears. I don’t want to sell my beautiful memorial rosewood LCD2. So i want to find a affordable desktop stack for them that sound alike to the Apple dongle.

It’s possible. The dongle may be your end game. Ride it out until it ceases to please.

7 Likes

Ok tks for ur kind advice

Does the current Gugnir being sold by Schiit include the Unison USB will all the bells and whistles?

Unison, Analog 2, bells, whistles. Yup.

2 Likes

I’ve edited this post, removing the poll. I was just curious if people leave they’re Schiit on and from the answers below, it seems like most people turn it off. I appreciate the responses.

Depends on what Schiit really.
I won’t let on a Valhalla 2 for more than 3 hours if I know I’m not using it.
Other Schiits stay on here with no problems during the day.

2 Likes

It depends on the model. Anything with a tube gets turned off. The Magni gets really hot, so it gets turned off. The Loki doesn’t get very hot so it stays on all the time.

2 Likes

Some folks recommend keeping the Jot 2 on all the time, I’ve noticed.

1 Like

I’ve got the jot but moving to the Mjolnir. Right now with the bifrost 2, I just shut them off all the time. I’ve gotten used to just flipping the switches in the back.

4 Likes

LOL, didn’t you just get the Jot? Welcome to the rabbit hole. I say this as someone who has bought 5 amps since July.

As others have said, anything with tubes should be turned off to save on tube life. I’ve seen some people recommend leaving the Bifrost 2 on all the time because it takes a long time to warm up and sound good. I don’t know if that’s true because I leave mine on all the time.

For solid state amps, I don’t know if there is a general rule. Schiit say on their site that the Jot can be left on all the time, which I do. Other manufacturers, like Burson, will recommend turning them off, so I turn my Soloist off at night. Maybe it depends on how hot they get.

4 Likes

I did and I enjoy it. It’s always the curiosity of whats on the other side. Since I’m in the 15 day time frame, I pay shipping and loose 20 bucks when moving to the mj and I’ve hit they’re top of the line amp and I’ll see what the hybrid is all about.

The bad thing is, I know myself and I’ll want to match size and color. The bifrost 2 is black, the mj is only silver, so you shouldn’t be surprised in the next 30 days I’ll end up with the gungnir multibit. I do know it’s very subtle difference between the two but I can stack and save space. That or buy a bigger desk… Or wall mount my LG CX 48". So many worms.

I’ve got you beat in amps. smsl sh9 su9, decided that wasn’t the way to go, so returned and went to A90/D90 topping which I still had the monoprice thx amp/dac and the monoprice thx amp but figured out that the amp/dac would not do a balalnced between the amp/dac to the amp, so returned those. Got the topping and had an issue right off the bat using usb to apple, that was a breaker to me and sent those on they’re merry way. (Still waiting on a refund from Apos Audio, that’s a sore spot on that one). Currently Schiit Bifrost 2 and Jot, moving to Mjolnir and don’t hold your breath, soon to be gungnir.

Don’t ask me about how many headphones I’ve tried…

edit: (quick off topic update, I wanted to let anyone know that reads through the forums that Apos Audio did make good with the return, maybe it was patience on my part especially with everything in the world going on right now but it was also three weeks return process)

2 Likes

How many? /s :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The general rule here is never write “Don’t ask me” since you will be asked in nanoseconds :rofl:

3 Likes

three IEM’s, mmx300, dt 1990 pro, focal clear, focal radiance, hifiman arya, sundara, ananda, lcd-x on the way. Many low end headsets (at least six) for the xbox series x which started this rabbit hole.

so 17 plus in the last six months or so?..

3 Likes

It’s a fight club level of unspoken rules, don’t mention it and we won’t ask :rofl:

1 Like

Awesome stuff! Sound about normal for many of us in the hobby :stuck_out_tongue:

I leave my Bifrost 2 on all the time, the amps I turn off at the end of each long listening session…the only amp i leave on 24/7 is the HPA1 (passlabs).

4 Likes

Testing…and loving it!!

9 Likes

More testing!! Focal Clears are an EXCELLENT pairing here…
Considering the price of the Lyr 3 of many other amps costing MUCH more
the Lyr 3 punches “solidly” out of the park!

You dont have to spend megabucks on NOS tubes…many nice tubes at the less than $50 each price.

…and

“Little” Schiits…they multiply like rabbits!!
LOL

Alex

14 Likes