Sennheiser HD 800 S - Open Back Dynamic Headphone - Official Thread

Verite closed is probably your only upgrade option for staging and a sweeter tone. IMO. Ymmv.

2 Likes

I can vouch for this…

1 Like

Gosh! Sorry for all the talk about other cans in the 800s thread…I will carry this thought over in the ZMF Aelous area…

I didnt mean to deride the 800s…they were great just not my cup of tea. Based on the many, many folks who have them amd love them they are standards in their own right!!

Alex

1 Like

I can’t get rid of my HD800(sdr) ever time I get ready to sell it, I give it another listen and end up not wanting to get rid of it.

4 Likes

I know that feeling!!!

:>)

Alex

1 Like

HD800s currently listed on drop. :astonished:

2 Likes

Yes, but have you read the comments?

The price is $1,400 and many are saying it’s not a deal, it’s gray-market, etc. Drop is also selling a wide variety of other Sennheiser products too as a “brand spotlight.” Update: New comments indicate this is coordinated with the manufacturer as a summer promotion.

2 Likes

Yep, it’s not a deal at all, even if wasn’t gray-market (I have no idea on that), since Sennheiser dropped the price of the HD800S (and others) for their anniversary sale/event to $1,399.95 anyway.

4 Likes

You’ll get 14k Drop reward points with the purchase as well though, which equates to $140 in usable credit. But yeah, that’s credit you’ll have to spend on Drop to take advantage of it. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I probably got too excited before reading it throughout. Now I noticed that it seems the whole Sennheiser front store moved to drop.

Historically, when is be the best time getting a HD800S, for instance? Summer deals or Black Fridays?

Thanks!

Roughly 3 Dekoni HD 6-series drop pads. :thinking:

2 Likes

Unless I have immanent plans to buy another item from Drop, that equates to $50 in real value because I’d end up buying something I don’t really want. :frowning:

5 Likes

I’m sure that’s not their intention at all… :smiley:

2 Likes

Note: "Estimated ship date is July 10, 2020 PT " (from the Drop website)

1 Like

I dont do drop anymore.

Ordered a set of replacement pads for Focals, waited weeks then got 1 earpad, inferior quality, thinner than the original…but only ONE pad!! Many of us complained and its 4 months now and the second earpad for the pair has still not arrived and they still dont have an outcome!

Terrible, customer service…for me its just stay away…

5 Likes

Yes, I saw people rightly complaining about this. Preposterous situation, I’m sorry you’re having to go through it.

2 Likes

Two things here on that one…

One the miscommunication between the buyers at the Drop and Focal.
Two the quality of the replacement pads from Focal…TERRIBLE.

And I have Focal Clears and love them…they are awesome IMO but the cost of their replacement pads IMO are a tad pricey…if you can get them.

They are for sale for $200 a pair. The dealer cost from Focal is $65 each…so their is a good profit margin there.

Sorry didnt mean to post all this in a HD800s thread…

3 Likes

There are a couple of ways to approach the deal on the HD 800S.

You could get the HD 820 first and then use the $300 in credit to pick up the HD 800S for a sweet $1,100.

Or, if you don’t mind pursuing a life of crime, you could just purchase the HD 800 S and, with the credit, get Drop’s lockpick kit and pick up a handy new skill… :grin:

1 Like

The HD800S price of $1400 is what I paid for mine from a dealer. DROP return policies can be restrictive. Most any dealer would match that price.

5 Likes

Also good luck getting a response at Drop at the moment… I have a ticket thats been open for two weeks now. I would definitely go through the dealer route

4 Likes