The General Advice/Questions Thread

The “Purchase Advice” category requires you’ve been here a little while and interacted some.

That was done so that the forum doesn’t become four million “Which $100 random-PoS-no-one-has-ever-heard-of-should-I-buy” posts by new members that never post again. (AKA the same reason Reddit shit-canned their purchase advice category).

5 Likes

Can you guys do something like link customer of HP? Nothing in HP is cheap LOL, by default you wont get cheap customers and keep the public at bay :slight_smile:

OMG, thank you, don’t change a thing, kk, thx.

Focal Stellia.

Ok, that was easy.

5 Likes

What I’ve never understood about the Reddit/ASR/Pov-Fi crowd is why they’ll spend literally hundreds of hours posting and agonizing over which <$100 thing they want to buy, instead of spending a tenth that time earning the difference between that and what they really (and clearly) want.

5 Likes

I have no idea what you are asking, there.

As to headphone stuff being cheap … I suppose that’s a matter of perspective.

What you can do for under $400 today (e.g. Modi 3/Magni 3+/HD6XX) or even $250 (e.g. Fulla 3/HD 58x) would have been $4,000 just 5 years ago …

5 Likes

Wait, I want chocolates and a walk around the beach… oh an lobster! :rofl:

Hh? Not sure what happen there… What I mean to say, is headphones.com customers.
Could headphones.com customer in a specific spend range get access to that forum.

Maybe I had a cup too many… LOL.

1 Like

Probably, if one of the moderators/leaders wanted to manage that.

As it is, I think you have to be a registered user for at least 15 days, with a trust level of 1 or higher, which happens automatically …

2 Likes

Got it, Just a question. Thanks for all you do @Torq

1 Like

As of late …

I do very little …

SLOWLY!

:wink:

3 Likes

Also … what @ProfFalkin said …

Focal Stellia!

5 Likes

FK it. 3k. Done.
Ill make the purchase tomorrow AM to make sure I am not buzzed buying. LOL

All advice’s are still welcome!

2 Likes

Stop showing off.

We get it, you have nice rustic brick walls. WE ALL WANT THEM TOO TORQ.

4 Likes

I second. Or is it third…:thinking:

2 Likes

Oh, if I was showing off (on purpose) … I’d be pointing out that the lens on the front of the camera in that shot costs more than everything else in the picture put together (well, except the camera itself) …

But I won’t mention that …

5 Likes

We need a “thinly veiled” thread where we all post snaps of our stuff but only casually mention the expensive shit.

I sold my BMW M140i to get a more family friendly car, otherwise I’d take a picture of my Verite with the beamer in the background out of focus. “oh that old thing” I’d respond.

3 Likes

Hey guys. @Torq

Quick Q. Wondering if the Vertice Closed with stabilised wood would fit in the trunk of my car. Thoughts?

2 Likes

Don’t get me started on cars … :wink:

2 Likes

Poke. What about cars. Poke.

To be fair I won’t be able to keep up here, I’m a single income young family and I spend most my money on my children, wife and weapons to fend off all the deadly snakes and spiders down here. Not to mention kangaroo food for our backyard pets.

Nothing to keep up with … all that matters is that you’re enjoying life.

1 Like