The On-Topic, OFF-TOPIC Thread

Thanks @Tchoupitoulas but I was thinking of a post that actually linked to the sale of the cable.

@antdroid shared it I believe =) it was for the violet/purple IEM cable right?

1 Like

Yes, that’s the one I am thinking of.

I had no idea where to put this but I thought I would share due to us having at least one other member from Spain…

If anyone wants to win a free set of Hifiman TWS600, my latest video on YouTube tells you how.

This will only ship to Spain, so, whilst anyone is welcome to participate, they would need to make arrangements to have it shipped outside Spain.

2 Likes

I like the 21 year old Balvenie port wood cask, and then there is this stuff sold in England.

63% and limited to 306 bottles, I believe it is cask strength.

7 Likes

Happy Holidays everyone!

10 Likes

Abyss. Now that’s highly resolving…

30 second clip.

1 Like

Did they get rid of the “Lounge”? I don’t see it any longer, or was I just removed?
@moderators

They were partying too hard in violation of social distancing measures. @Roark got in, had a case of Carling, and puked all over the floor. Almost caused @TylersEclectic to regurg his Purple Rain vodka martini. I’m not sure what @ProfFalkin was smoking in his pipe, but it made the arms of the chair sticky. Someone substituted NOS for oxygen, which made @prfallon69 kind of wonky. That said, @pwjazz and @SenyorC were getting down on the piano and guitar, while @MRHifiReviews was snapping incriminating pictures with an old minox. @generic was licking some south american frogs and was hopping around like a psychedelic amphibian.

Sorry, man, that you weren’t there.

12 Likes

I can’t remember that party, so it must have been good!

6 Likes

Well thank for responding. I assumed that the @moderators would, but they didn’t.

1 Like

You misremembered, as I am most certainly and verifiably genetically related to the pink-skinned-gold-crowned South American toad. I dare say your delusions likely followed licking my back as I lay unconscious on the floor after nearly drowning in that 151 proof tequila you poured down everyone’s throat.

5 Likes

He probably licked you twice. We all said once will do, but some people gotta be like that.

5 Likes

Casadores Reposado is not 151 proof, you need 2 shots for that.

I’m put in mind of Dorothy Parker’s famous ditty:

"One martini is not enough; I should have two at most.
Three, I’m under the table, and four I’m under the host."

3 Likes

Hey VL, no need to be passive aggressive. @moderators doesn’t actually create a notification for any moderators so you would have to @ one us individually for us to see your message.

I’m taking a look at the issue right now.

1 Like

Thanks for looking into it. I don’t feel that I was being passive aggressive, I simply stated that I assumed that the moderators would’ve responded.

1 Like

If your member status is downgraded from Trust Level 3 Regular, to Trust Level 2 Member, the Lounge is off limits access wise. When you regain Regular Status it will reappear. This can be from not reading enough threads, posts, likes, etc. I dropped from Level 3 to 2 in Roon’s Community Forum about a month ago.

Happy New Year.

1 Like

@taronlissimore
@ValentineLuke

1 Like

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: The buying experience Thread good or bad

There’s no topic for it on the forum, but the Rebelamp is seriously good. It takes up quite a bit more desk real estate than the Topping A90 and doesn’t have any balanced outputs but every headphone I’ve thrown at it so far has been right up there with excellence.

I also find the Rebelamb to be very musically engaging while the A90, despite it’s off the chart SINAD, to be fairly sterile. It’s not an amp that I could recommend for brighter headphones while the Rebelamp doesn’t have any trouble there. Now the Rebelamp doesn’t sound like it’s adding any colour to the sound, it’s just a more enjoyable listen.

It also performs exceptionally well with IEMs which unfortunately the iFi Audio Neo did not. No noise with the MEST, Andromeda, Solaris, or Moondrop B2.

Really impressed with this unit and I am not looking forward to the day when @Resolve breaks into the office and ruins my audio setup to add it to his collection.

7 Likes