Tidal + Best Buy Deals

They are taking a different approach because they don’t want to compete on price and lose money at a rate of other platforms. I would love to support tidal, but paying double for a family plan versus apple to support my favorite artists is difficult. Right now I just pay them directly through bandcamp.

Based on investigation by others, it’s seems that many of the Hifi albums already on Tidal were already replaced with unfolded MQA versions a while back.

There was some talk and comparisons of files that showed that the CD quality files had been replaced with MQA files that had the MQA hidden (still shows up when inspecting the file). I think this was earlier this year and added even more fuel to the anti-MQA movement.

1 Like

I was curious to see what Tidal would do in the pricing battles. I agree, smart to separate out the MQA portion. Honestly for the same price I could do Hifi Tidal (bigger library of the types of music I like + I sub through Plex to support another product I use) + Qobuz (for the 24/192 and non-MQA filtered stuff) and come out at very close to the same price as the MQA Tidal.

2 Likes