What music have you been listening to this past week?

Been having a blast hearing all my favorites with my new Verite C.

Here are a few of my test tracks, that I just can’t get enough of, and really let the VC show it’s chops. I listen to these songs through with Roon/Qobuz, but figured I would just share the youtube versions while at work.

This track below is my absolute favorite song with my VC! It sounds like she is standing right in front of me, and I can hear her lips smack, it is so clear and lifelike.

Another killer track, and sounds like Jeff is singing a personal concert just for me.

A fun one, with killer imaging and stage!

9 Likes

2 Likes

Thanks for the intro Wes, never heard of her, and glad I have now. Lots of beautiful inflection and even though there are lots of ambient sounds and space, the recording on her voice is sparse and clean. (Sounds good on Eikon also!)

2 Likes

I’m not a fan of anthologies in general since I don’t like someone makes decisions for me but Sub Rosa Label did an excellent job with this wide panorama on Greek electronic experiementalists from late '60s to 2016.
Great introductory album to the scene.
Highly recommended.

Julian Lage has such a great technical ability on the guitar without ever sounding cold or “for guitar nerds only”. I love his works since his first solo album many years ago.

3 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. My first encounter with his music was on the New Gary Burton Quartet’s 2011 album Common Ground. Lots of great stuff there, if you haven’t heard it. I’m preparing a longer playlist to share with this group that I’ll be able to share one of these days…

1 Like

1 Like

“Common Ground” is a great album with a thrilling line up. Great recording and mastering too.

1 Like

I was just thinking last night “I need to find more of that monochromios good stuff to listen to”!

3 Likes

Very kind of you, thank you.
The one above is a crazy one but it deserves more than one listen to my ears.
It reminds me of Julius Eastman in a contemporary way.

On April 13 it’s been four years Mika Vainio passed so untimely away.
If you don’t know about his music and you want to start a little journey listen to this powerful album from the Finnish wizard.
Enjoy.

3 Likes

Been listening to Evanescence’s new ‘The Bitter Truth’ album the past few days. A great amalgamation of alternative rock, metal, electronic, and modern pop with state of the art production. Really enjoying listening to this through my Chord stack and 1266 TC. It’s as though the TC has been tailor made to enjoy this kind of music or vice versa. Huge sound, intense energy, and lots of layering but still focused and punchy.

2 Likes

2 Likes

On the iPhone so pardon the lack of links. Fantastic binaural recording “Amazonia” by Jean-Michel Jarre. Listening on Qobuz with the Audeze LCDi3.

Electronica and natural studio tour de force. Released about a week ago and will accompany a photographic exhibition of the Amazon in Paris in May.

It is fascinating. If you do nothing else this weekend, mark it down for a serious listen.

Not boring.

6 Likes

image image

5 Likes

Well now, currently listening and this is something else.

It’s haunting, kind of spooky at times.

2 Likes

@pennstac - 20 seconds into the Amazônia album and already - wow! Looks like a Salgado photo on the cover?

2 Likes

INA GRM director Francois J. Bonnet and Sun O)))'s Stephan O’Malley live concert mastered and mixed by Jim O’Rourke and Ryoji Ikeda.
Four music legends on a beautiful two tracks album.
Higly recommended https://editionsmego.bandcamp.com/album/cylene-suisse-redux

1 Like

This album by Guido Aldinucci is one of my most beautiful discover of the last week.

1 Like